• 1 Post By Crema_Lad
  • 2 Post By Melbroaster
  • 4 Post By Melbroaster
  • 3 Post By greenman
  • 1 Post By JetBlack_Espresso

Thread: What machine for under $1000

What machine for under $1000

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Now that my Bes870 has packed up and going to cost a lot to fix I am using this as an excuse to buy a new machine.

My budget is $1000.
    I want a machine that is not going to take a longtime to warm up and will be simple for the wife to also use.

Don't have a lot of worktop space but willing to look at a seperate grinder.

What do you recommend please?

Miss have a machine at home.

Thanks.
    Crema_Lad likes this.

Are you looking to include a grinder in the $1000? I will also add the warm up of most machines are what they are, you can get switches to turn on when you get up and off when you are done if its a major concern.

Cant go wrong with a Silvia, might even get a grinder included for a little around or a tad over $1000 and they will last.

Chris
    Casa Espresso and stephen28 like this.

Certainly a Sylvia fits the budget and there are some good package deals around on these with grinders.

If you are in Melbourne feel free to visit our showroom

Regards
    Antony
    Www.casaespresso.com.au
    coffeechris and stephen28 like this.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    I’m not against the suggested and highly regarded Sylvia but if your were happy with the Breville, saw them at Costco today for $640 (Barista Express). Thought that was a bit of a bargain, not much more than your initial repair quote
    But If it’s an excuse for a little upgraditis, well you never saw this post - right
    Last edited by Crema_Lad; 4th August 2017 at 07:44 PM.
    hornethomer likes this.

Which drinks do you make? How often?
    hornethomer and Giddyupgaz like this.

Thanks for the advice

Thanks Anthony, I wish I was but in Sydney

I drink mostly flat whites and long blacks. Sometimes espresso's

There are people that like using single boiler non-hx machines like the Silvia for frequent milk based drinks but in all honesty it would drive me mad and more so if friends came over and i had a queue of lattes to produce. That machine is best for shots, with an occasional milk drink for a guest etc... at that price point (and often much lower) the breville bes920 is very hard to beat for a milk based coffee drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Melbroaster View Post
    There are people that like using single boiler non-hx machines like the Silvia for frequent milk based drinks but in all honesty it would drive me mad and more so if friends came over and i had a queue of lattes to produce. That machine is best for shots, with an occasional milk drink for a guest etc...
    Agree on the Silvia, it is great for shots and a couple of milk drinks, I was happy with mine until I had the family over for Xmas and had to make milk coffees for 14 people, I had my tail hanging out, I went and purchased an HX machine the following week!!

Site Sponsor
    For under a thousand, with a built in conical burr grinder, the Lelit PL42EMI should be on the shortlist. Heats up faster than a Silvia and we have one on our demo bench if you want to see what it can do.

charlie
    http://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlack_Espresso View Post
    For under a thousand, with a built in conical burr grinder, the Lelit PL42EMI should be on the shortlist. Heats up faster than a Silvia and we have one on our demo bench if you want to see what it can do.

charlie
    Coffee Machines Sydney, Coffee Machines Melbourne and Brisbane, Espresso Machines Sydney

Charlie I am not too far from your location so may pop down to have a look at both the Lelit and Silvia next weekend

Site Sponsor
    No worries, see you then. In the meantime, here is an old post comparing the two:

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...tml#post559493

charlie
    www.jetblackespresso.com.au
    hornethomer likes this.