Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By level3ninja

Thread: Sunbeam EM7000 Shots are pouring at room temp - no heating of water

Sunbeam EM7000 Shots are pouring at room temp - no heating of water

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    My Sunbeam EM7000 has started pouring shots with no heat in the water. Pressure is perfect but the water is pouring at room temp. What do I need to do to fix this. The machine is out of warranty.

Sounds like something to do with the thermoblock, could be the thermal fuse, could be the relay that switches it on, (could be the thermostat maybe? not sure)... There are instructions in another thread to replace the relay and thermal fuse including part numbers to order if you're comfortable soldering circuit boards and crimping fuses. Where are you located?

I am in Brisbane.

Well there goes that idea. I replaced a relay for another CS member in Sydney and he left me with the spares as they're only a couple of bucks each and he couldn't use them.
    Have a look at the thread titled "Sunbeam EM7000 Steam Wand just producing water" http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-eq...ing-water.html
    It has instructions for replacing the relay and fuse. It's for the steam one but the brew one is identical. Only if you're experienced in working with 240V though, or have a friend who is.
    matth3wh and gordons like this.

Hi there...I have the same machine with the same issue. Thank you for supplying that thread link to the fuse and relay replacement. Just before I go down that path I’m interested to know if that was the source of the issue meaning that by replacing the relay and fuse has fixed that issue.
    Many thanks ��

They fixed the issues on the machine I worked on, we were able to plug it in and pull shots straight away.