Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Erimus

Thread: Advice re new Coffee Machine $500/$1000

Advice re new Coffee Machine $500/$1000

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Advice re new Coffee Machine $500/$1000
    Hi,
    Haven't been on this site for quite a while but appreciate some advice re possible purchase of new machine. Currently have Oscar Nouva Simonelli Machine for about 8 years. Good machine - very easy to clean and produces reasonable coffee . This is coupled with Compact K3 Touch Grinder.I like coffee out so only use current machine about 3/4 times a week for two people therefore a buy smaller quantaities of coffee to grind.

I don't want the more expensive SS Italian Machines so looking at the Breville range and think maybe current grinder is sufficient.
    Your opnion on the various Breville machiines compared to what I currently have. I don't worry about resale value but require reasonable hassle free equipment.

Thank You

A bit of a downward step to a Breville. You'd be better off sticking to what you've got. The Breville BES 920 DB also comes with an inferior grinder which you don't need, unless you can get just the machine off EBay. A lot of hassle.

Go and have a look at the Seattle Coffee Gear reviews of the Breville range, they also review the Oscar.
    Then have a think about what you can do differently with the Oscar.
    One thing with the Breville machines is that they come with double wall baskets that will work with supermarket beans!

Banned
    Have you looked at the Silvia?
    Thatís a great bit of kit and fits your budget just.
    Cheers
    Grillsy

^

Why would he go to a Silvia from an HX machine?

Thanks for your reply but a looked at "Seattle" a long time ago and just recently and in my opnion if you look at the video demos - they seem to make a very poor coffee. I can make a better coffee on my "Oscar"