Thread: What portafilters fit SB 6910

What portafilters fit SB 6910

Hi all, just wondering what brands or sizing as I'm looking at upgrading from the standard sunbeam 6910 portafilter? Does it just have to be a 58mm portafilter or is there certain ones that fit this machine only? Also is it worth buying a naked portafilter? How different are they to a spouted one, and I know you can also see if you're having channelling issues as such alot easier with a naked!

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by FilthySudo View Post
    Hi all, just wondering what brands or sizing as I'm looking at upgrading from the standard sunbeam 6910 portafilter? Does it just have to be a 58mm portafilter or is there certain ones that fit this machine only? Also is it worth buying a naked portafilter? How different are they to a spouted one, and I know you can also see if you're having channelling issues as such alot easier with a naked!

Thanks all!
    You’ll probably find that only Sunbeam ones fit. Anything from the 6910 through to the 7100 have the same or similar portafilters. There could be the odd commercial one that fits, but you’d have to try a few to find out. In my experience the shape and outer diameter of the Sunbeam ones is totally different to E61 and most commercial handles.
    If you want it to look nicer you can just replace the handles with something that has a 10mm thread. If you want a naked then buy an old 6910 portafilter that’s brass and cut it out with a hole saw.

Yep! Looking at just converting it to a naked. Just trying to work out the right diameter to cut it at. Seen some using a 51mm hole saw and some different

Next question is. What kind of baskets fit this portafilter? They have to be 58mm but Ridge less? Which? Thanks!