Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By JetBlack_Espresso
  • 4 Post By JMcCee
  • 2 Post By CafeLotta

Thread: Lelit classic / Lelit Victoria / Rancilio Silvia

Lelit classic / Lelit Victoria / Rancilio Silvia

Hey guys, sorry that's supposed to say Lelit Combi with PID.
    Looking for a little help please. I s
    Regrettably sold my Diadema semi auto and Compak grinder to trade down to something much simpler, quicker and easier at 5am in the morning.

So i did a bit of research and decided on the new Breville dual boiler and smart grinder .......
    Well it took just as long to make 2 long macs, and it was terribly inconsistent each day to day and then the pressure would get straight to 9 bar and immediately start dropping down slowly to 5 half way through the pour. I spent more time stuffing around trying to dial in a decent shot than actually making coffee.
    I'm not going back to breville so can you guys point me to something around the $1000 mark?
    Cheers

Site Sponsor
    Hi Adam,

For around the $1K mark for machine and grinder I would go for the Lelit 42EMI or 42TEMD. The 42TEMD (with PID) is worth the extra $$ IMHO so if you can stretch the budget it won't disappoint.

If you want even simpler for those 5am starts the Lelit Kate gives you an auto dosing grinder but that's in the next price bracket up!

Here is a post covering pros/cons of Silvia v Lelit. Note also that the PID is a relatively small additional cost for the factory option in the Lelit range but not for the Silvia.

Happy to expand on any of this so just let me know,

charlie
    www.jetblackespresso.com.au
    Adam76 and JMcCee like this.

I have no affiliation with Charlie nor ever met the guy but he's always spot on with advice. I know someone who has always had Lelit machines and they swear by them.

A few years ago when the Silvia was in the $400-$500 price range, not having a PID was understandable but now at $850-$900 not so much. I think they are well overdue for a factory PID and aren't the best bang for buck in that sort of price range anymore. Relying on a reputation forged when they were half the price will eventually catch up with their sales I think.
    JetBlack_Espresso and inorog like this.

This might be worth a look. Seems to be a good deal.

https://coffeesnobs.com.au/coffee-ha...d-grinder.html