Thread: Need Help

Need Help

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi, I am in the market to buy some equipment and would appreciate some feedback from coffee lovers and experts. The unit is for home use and I would like to keep under $1500. My basic searches have led me to Rancilo Silvia and ECM Botticelli IIT. Any comments or direction to other equipment would be highly appreciated.

TC

Re: Need Help

Quote Originally Posted by adub link=1186355495/0#0 date=1186355495
    Hi, I am in the market to buy some equipment and would appreciate some feedback from coffee lovers and experts. *The unit is for home use and I would like to keep under $1500. *My basic searches have led me to Rancilo Silvia and ECM Botticelli IIT. *Any comments or direction to other equipment would be highly appreciated.

Hi Adub and welcome,

The Silvia is a great machine. Many here own and swear by them. They are reliable, simple to service and if well used will produce an outstanding result.

The Botticelli is no longer available in Australia. You could however look at the Vibiemme Domobar Levetta or perhaps the Isomac Venus. Also have a read of the machine reviews which might help: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1163234999. Be sure to factor in a good grinder (the most important component and often forgotten from budgets), for without one you will struggle to get an acceptable result.
    regards

Chris

Re: Need Help

Thanks Chris, where can I see these machines in Sydney. I live in the North West.