Thread: Breville BES870 Leaking Water

Breville BES870 Leaking Water

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All,

I purchased a faulty BES870 today for its portafilter and knock box to add to the BES870 I already own. The machine will turn on and when you run either a single or double shot the water will keep flowing. I tried to programme it but it keeps running + leak out from somewhere. The machine only cost me $50 but was wondering if it was worth fixing?

Thanks.
    Last edited by danbx2; 2nd September 2018 at 07:09 PM.

It'll need a new flowmeter to resolve the shot issue. You can try and disassemble it and check for a blockage or obstruction first, I've had a few that just needed a good clean.
    Sometimes the water leak can get into the pins on the flowmeter connector causing corrosion and an intermittent connection. A clean with a wire brush can sort this out.

Water leaks are usually from failed o-rings or plastic connectors on the high pressure parts of the internal plumbing. You might get away with an easy fix with new o-rings or it may be more complex.

Without pictures or further descriptions there's no other useful information I can provide.

Thanks for detailed reply. Will have at look at opening it next weekend to see if can see where the leak is coming from.