Thread: La Pavoni Europiccola - pressurestat pipe is in an annoying position

La Pavoni Europiccola - pressurestat pipe is in an annoying position

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi there,

Just joined the forum today because I have a specific question I can't find any answer for.

I need to replace the gasket between the base and the boiler of my Europiccola, but as you can see from this photo the pressurestat copper pipe is blocking access to one of the three screws on the heating element. Is it possible and safe to somehow move that pipe? If I unscrew one of those nuts will the pipe just nicely swivel out of the way, or am I crazy?

Thanks for your help

Liam

Removed problematic inline image - either upload it (when you have a high enough post count) or link it from a web link. -- Andy.

Sorry, but I’m not seeing a pic

The picture shows up fine for me.

Java "Got the glasses on" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Javaphile View Post
    The picture shows up fine for me.

Java "Got the glasses on" phile
    You also are logged into your google account. Log out and join us the blind ones..

Quote Originally Posted by inorog View Post
    You also are logged into your google account. Log out and join us the blind ones..
    Hhhhmmmm....Weirdness. My immediate reaction was "Uuuummmm.....No I'm not." as on the rare times when I log into google I make sure to log out immediately upon finishing my task there. But before posting that I figured I'd double check. So I opened up the page for the google service I use and guess what came up. Yup, the login page. Everything I could check showed I was not logged into my account. Every google page I connected to that required you to be logged in prompted me to login. Yet that pic continued to show, even though the domain it was on was purportedly being blocked and I wasn't logged into my google account. Everything I could see/check showed that I should not be able to see the pic, and yet there it was staring me in the face.

I finally gave up and shut the system down and did a cold reboot to make sure all the various caches and buffers were cleared. Reconnecting to the page and guess what, yup, no more pic. But...when I opened up Firefox it finished installing an update. The only thing I can think of is that something went screwy doing the update which caused me to have access to that pic/page.

Java "" phile
    Toys! I must have new toys!!!

I am logged into Google and can't see the pic, though I could yesterday.

BTW for the OP, from what I saw yesterday I am confident you can just loosen the fitting and you'll get access.

Not seeing the pic either. And I'm logged into my Google account, using Google Chrome browser that I'm logged in to.

For the OP, if you must loosen the fitting, then it is what it is. I would bet that the fitting has some kind of sealer on it. If it's a soft, non-hardening sealer you're probably good to go. If it's a hardening sealer that cracks when you move the fitting, you might have to remove the fitting, clean the threads, and re-seal.

-Peter

Since no one can reliably see the image, try the LaPav Facebook page. Super helpful with a number of restorers active.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/LaPavoniLeverOwners/

Hi all,
    thanks for all your tips and sorry for missing them until now. I'll have a crack at removing the nuts, but might come crawling back for more help if things go awry.
    FWIW, here's the photo anyway. Hopefully that worked this time - linked it via a weblink as per the moderators tip (ImgBB.com). Access to that screw top left is blocked by the copper pipe. I'll have a go at the nuts either end and see what I can do.
    Cheers,
    Liam.