Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kofekitt

Thread: Lelit Combi Grinder Issues

Lelit Combi Grinder Issues

Hi all,

Long time reader. I have had my Combi for almost 4 years and up until recently has never a skipped beat.

Took it in for a service recently while it was there they did some grinder adjustments. When we got it back, the grinder had seemed to have lost power and would seize up even on coarser settings, something it have never done before. Back to the shop it went and the burrs were replaced.

Get the machine back home and plug it in, i grind one shot with no issues. Go to grind another shot and the grinder wont engage, like its not getting power. Try again over a few days and still nothing. Back to the shop again.

Once at the shop it is miraculously working and they are about to send me home when it does the same for them. The grinder buttom mechanism is replaced within a week and I bring it home again.

It works for 4 days and then the same problem again yesterday. I'm almost too frustrated to take it back and contemplating just buying an M2M, but before I just wanted to check if anyone had experienced anything similar or had any ideas?

During this time we were without the machine for about 3 weeks and I bought an Aeropress and Porlex grinder. It has been a life saver. This morning I wake up and can't find the grinder handle. I then find out my daughter has hidden the somewhere in the house but can't remember where. Am I am being punished for something?

Thanks for your time

Animalman, maybe starting capacitor? Not sure if that was replaced because not sure if your mistype buttom was meant to be bottom mechanism or button mechanism.

Unfortunately it's usually the motor (about $140 plus labour) Intermittent starting when the motor is in certain positions. If you're handy with electric motors it may be repairable, but we just used to replace the motor . I replaced a lot of them. I'd just spend the money on a better grinder, but then you're left with a useless part of your combi machine...
    338 likes this.

338 - Yeah what i meant with the button was literally just the switch mechanism you push the handle against to activate the grinder.

Kofe - I think this is what i needed to read. Although i have already spent money on the burrs and labour, i might cut my losses and get a better grinder.

Thanks for the replies