Thread: Fault with BES 870 Barista Express

Fault with BES 870 Barista Express

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi guys,

First post here but I would really appreciate if I could I please reach out to any other owners of a BES 870 for a quick question!

I've just received a replacement BES 870 which failed after 4.5 yeas of my 5 year warranty and have a potential issue. I've noticed that this machine doesn't go into standby no matter how long I leave it but I'm sure my old one did. I called Breville and explained the issue to which they offered my a new one.

The thing is I'm not sure the lady on the phone fully understood the issue as she noted down "can't power off" (which isn't the case - just won't go into stand by) so thought I'd see if I'm not dreaming and that it should indeed go into stand by after a set period? I couldn't see anything in the manual and I really don't want to exchange it for another unless it's really faulty.

Thanks,

Mine has been packed away since I got myself the Flair Espresso.

And not sure what you mean by standby.

But I recall that it looked like it was going in to some sort of low power mode when not used for a few minutes. The light goes a bit dim for a few seconds and it will power up again if any of the buttons are pressed in that short space of time.

But it completely powers down within only a few seconds of the light dimming.

Quote Originally Posted by makenaiboy View Post
    Hi guys,
    I've just received a replacement BES 870 which failed after 4.5 yeas of my 5 year warranty and have a potential issue. I've noticed that this machine doesn't go into standby no matter how long I leave it but I'm sure my old one did. ...........
    Agree, my 2014 machine had a genuine standby, my 2017 replacement simply turns off after about 10 minutes.