Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fingman

Thread: Sunbeam EM7000 Help!

Fcg

Sunbeam EM7000 Help!

Hoping someone on here can help please?

I have a Sunbeam EM7000. I ran a cleaning cycle which included taking off the shower screen/filter as instructed in the manual. Ever since I put it back together, the coffee has been not reaching pressure and running straight through in 5 sec flat.
    im thinking I may have put it back together incorrectly?
    There are no pictures in the instruction booklet and sunbeam helpline have been less than helpful on previous enquires about my grinder!

would anyone with this machine be able to confirm where the washer piece goes in the assembly please?

thanks for you help and hopefully Iíve posted correctly - coffee forum novice here! I cannot figure out how to post a photo!

Hi Fcg,

When putting the screens back onto the group head it should go flat screen first, dish shaped main screen second, then screw them both into place. There are some guides online about replacing the group head seal on the EM6910/EM7000. If you take a look at one of those guides it will likely include some photos for your peace of mind.

It is also possible that by cleaning the parts your machine is now able to send water to the basket more freely. If the parts were very dirty and are now very clean this could be a possibility and you may simply need to increase your coffee dose.

To post a photo, upload your photo to an external source, dropbox, google drive, or another photo upload site, and post the link.
    level3ninja likes this.

Fcg
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingman View Post
    Hi Fcg,

When putting the screens back onto the group head it should go flat screen first, dish shaped main screen second, then screw them both into place. There are some guides online about replacing the group head seal on the EM6910/EM7000. If you take a look at one of those guides it will likely include some photos for your peace of mind.

It is also possible that by cleaning the parts your machine is now able to send water to the basket more freely. If the parts were very dirty and are now very clean this could be a possibility and you may simply need to increase your coffee dose.

To post a photo, upload your photo to an external source, dropbox, google drive, or another photo upload site, and post the link.
    Thank you so much for your reply Fingman! I have looked online and found a parts/repair manual for the
    EM7000 but it still doesn’t describe the small washer I’m confused about. I have also noticed today the washer looks a little bent. I have uploaded the files to Dropbox so will attempt to put a link to the photos.

i agree that the water is probably running through faster - but despite the finest grind on my sunbeam grinder, we still can’t get pressure! I have just opened up my grinder and found only 1 shim, so have ordered some more on eBay to try and get a finer grind (thanks to some great discussions on here for the idea!).

thanks again for your help!
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/b157ki57s...UrdWXSE8a?dl=0