Thread: EM7000 Cleaning Question

EM7000 Cleaning Question

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey folks!

Planning to give my EM7000 a good clean soon. Sunbeam tablets are stupidly expensive and I don't plan on spending ~$3/clean. What are my alternatives? Will Cafetto powder/S15 tablets be ok to run on the EM7000? I've never run it through a proper clean cycle yet so would appreciate the help!

White vinegar - concentration as in the 7000 manual.

I have used it on every machine I have cleaned since 1970 - works as well and the "tainted taste" clears up faster as a (welcome) bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by TampIt View Post
    White vinegar - concentration as in the 7000 manual.

I have used it on every machine I have cleaned since 1970 - works as well and the "tainted taste" clears up faster as a (welcome) bonus.
    Sorry is this for descaling or cleaning?

Quote Originally Posted by ultralightmeme View Post
    Sorry is this for descaling or cleaning?
    Descaling (both steam wand and espresso path).

Mild acid is not good for some external finishes so I would not use it for cleaning them.

I just posted this a week ago.
    https://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-e...tml#post638552

Use the 7000 manual, not the 6910 one for the menu routines - even easier with a 7000.

Quote Originally Posted by ultralightmeme View Post
    Hey folks!

Planning to give my EM7000 a good clean soon. Sunbeam tablets are stupidly expensive and I don't plan on spending ~$3/clean. What are my alternatives? Will Cafetto powder/S15 tablets be ok to run on the EM7000? I've never run it through a proper clean cycle yet so would appreciate the help!

I have been using the S15 tablets for a while now in my 7000 and they seem to work fine most of the time.
    I say most of the time as a couple have not dissolved fully, but I just started again with fresh tablets and all was OK.
    I don't remember the instructions saying to remove the shower and clean it first and then replace but I do this before each cleaning cycle. I tried running the cycle first then removing and cleaning the shower and found the cleaning cycle alone didn't do the job so I cleaned the shower replaced it and ran the cleaning cycle again.
    I run the cleaning cycle after about 30 double shots. We usually only make 2 to 3 double shots a day and the grounds that do not flush do taint the taste after a while. I also flush and brush the group head and collar seal after each use.