Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By banzai81

Thread: Help needed. Simonelli oscar, milk tastes terrible .

Help needed. Simonelli oscar, milk tastes terrible .

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    hi everyone,

we have owned our simonelli oscar for 4 years bought 2nd hand. recently we turned machine on and had a really dense steam coming from wand and it the smell from it was pretty bad.
    i descaled the machine after watching a video on youtube. lots of dirty scale come out, rinsed ,machine 6 times, coffee milk tastes and smells of chemical.
    so this is when i pulled the machine apart, took apart boiler and descaled boiler on its own, rinsed the boiler 10 times and put machine back together.
    coffee tastes ok but milk still tastes like chemical and the dense steam is back.
    i have no idea where to start. i live in far north Queensland, and the only decent coffee machine repair guy that i know of has stopped doing domestic and only does commercial.
    i really love the machine so want to try and get it back up and running well.

hope someone out their can help

Welcome "banzai81"...

It might be worth dropping a line to Antony of Casa Espresso as he does a lot of work with Simonelli machines...
    https://coffeesnobs.com.au/sponsors/...-espresso.html

Mal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimal View Post
    Welcome "banzai81"...

It might be worth dropping a line to Antony of Casa Espresso as he does a lot of work with Simonelli machines...
    https://coffeesnobs.com.au/sponsors/...-espresso.html

Mal.
    thanks Mal, I appreciate it
    Dimal likes this.

The Oscar is a HX so the brew water for the coffee will come from the HX pipe inside the steam boiler that supplies the steam for the milk. Bad smell might be from suck back of milk into the steam boiler. There may also be residue in the pipes with might also need descaling.