Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By burger

Thread: I modded my Gaggia Classic (PID, pressure profiling, pre-infuse and more)

I modded my Gaggia Classic (PID, pressure profiling, pre-infuse and more)

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Just wanted to share some videos, photos and code of my modifications to the Gaggia Classic.

For now we got a micro-controller, PID, pressure profiling, pre-infuse, flow-meter for automatic yield and flow control, pressure transducer and a bunch of brew modes with a screen/joystick to control it all.

Here is a video of the mod in action: Click Here (www.reddit.com)

The website with all code and schematics and also an instructable is at Espresso for Geeks Coffee the Collabora way

Dimal, inorog, level3ninja and 1 others like this.

Nice work "burger"...

Mal.

That is really cool. Ive owned, refurbished, modified then sold two Gaggia Classics. Such a great little machine and definitely a good candidate for some serious modding like this. Did you not think about some better noise dampening on the pump while you were in there?

That’s some very cool modding! I am keen to do something similar when I upgrade my home machine shortly (where I can afford for the Classic to be out of action for longer than a few hours), was thinking of sticking to an Arduino however the mbed looks like an interesting option. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by LeroyC View Post
    That is really cool. Ive owned, refurbished, modified then sold two Gaggia Classics. Such a great little machine and definitely a good candidate for some serious modding like this. Did you not think about some better noise dampening on the pump while you were in there?
    I actually didn't look at dampening the noise too much but I added it to the list at: Features Espresso for Geeks for future reference. Any links or ideas you have there are more than welcome.

Fantastic project, will follow you throughout the way!