Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Lyrebird
  • 4 Post By level3ninja

Thread: Rancilio Silvia V5 servicing intervals

Rancilio Silvia V5 servicing intervals

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Trying to gauge how often such a machine requires servicing (assuming daily usage)? ....will help factor in purchasing...

Is this for servicing yourself at home or by a commercial tech.?

Mal.

I've had a Silvia for 5 years (and it was 3 years old when I got it), it has never needed servicing in that time. I've recently refurbished it pending sale, the only things that were replaced were the group surround and the group seal.

Keep it clean, run it on decent water, descale as needed and the thing will last for a long time. They are very simple machines so there's not much to go wrong.
    Dimal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrebird View Post
    I've had a Silvia for 5 years (and it was 3 years old when I got it), it has never needed servicing in that time. I've recently refurbished it pending sale, the only things that were replaced were the group surround and the group seal.

Keep it clean, run it on decent water, descale as needed and the thing will last for a long time. They are very simple machines so there's not much to go wrong.
    Sweet. I had a Saeco Via Venezia that recently died and it needed bugger all servicing. I'm hoping to get a similar, small yet robust type of machine.

The Lelit PL41TEMD will be a better buy. Site sponsor Jet Black Espresso has them https://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/...lelit-pl41tem/

It has a PID as standard, something the Silvia should have by now, and it has protection against blowing the element with an empty boiler (Silvia doesn't). It's a no brainer to me.

Agree 'ninja...

Mal.

Quote Originally Posted by level3ninja View Post
    The Lelit PL41TEMD will be a better buy. Site sponsor Jet Black Espresso has them https://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/...lelit-pl41tem/

It has a PID as standard, something the Silvia should have by now, and it has protection against blowing the element with an empty boiler (Silvia doesn't). It's a no brainer to me.
    wonderful! thanks