Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mkstalen
  • 1 Post By TampIt

Thread: EM6910 - replacement steam knob o-rings

EM6910 - replacement steam knob o-rings

Does anyone know where I can source replacement o-rings for the brass steam knob for an EM6900/6910?
    They're 2 really small, white/translucenst ones which go on the brass part within the steam knob.

I've tried the smallest black ones in the Bunnings multi pack, but the rubber diameter is too thick.

thanks,
    Mike
    andlep likes this.

I was given a couple by one of the local repairers here for my 7000 (90% sure the tap is identical). Yep, they are the smallest o-rings I have seen. I suspect they are a standard "plumbing small tap", so I would try the local plumbing wholesaler (Samios in the case of the West). They have a truly vast range of all such parts.

Be aware when reassembling: you can use the positioning of the tap to set the delay / lack of delay in shutting off the steam. I probably have the only 7000 in Oz with instant shutoff, ditto my 6910s (which I reset the position, didn't need to replace the two o-rings).

Hope this helps.

TampIt
    mkstalen likes this.

Just picked some up from a repair place at a cost of $10. With my cheap digital calipers they're measuring roughly OD 7.3mm, ID 3.7mm, CS 1.8mm, and they're black.
    At first glance these seem like exactly the same as the ones which came in the Bunnings multi-pack of o-rings, but on closer inspection the cross section of the rubber isn't a circle, but an oval, which makes them thinner than the Bunnings and they seem to fit perfectly.
    I forgot to measure that thickness before I put them on... but I put it at maybe 1mm, so the cross section of the rubber is more a 0 than a O.

They should be Viton and are a standard 007 size. RS sell them in a bag of 50 for $13.70 (part no. 128-990) so the repair shop made a hefty profit on that sale.

If they've given you rubber then you'll know soon enough, they'll perish and start leaking within the first few uses as they wont be able to handle the steam temperature.