Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jackster

Thread: Grease on e61 thermosyphon loop

Grease on e61 thermosyphon loop

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I'm doing up a Grimac mia, and the thermosyphon loop pipes has some grease on them. Am wondering if it's strictly necessary to replace this?

Also, one of the tee adapters has some blue colored stuff on it, could it be loctite?

IMG_20190122_224659.jpgIMG_20190122_234147.jpg

Similar to locktite, it maybe loxeal
    The 58-11 is not the stuff simonelli use, it's different numbers.
    But the 58-11 is available at my Bunnings.

Anaerobic curing adhesive for sealing of metal thread joints. Approved for Gas ( DVGW, DIN-EN 751-1), high pressure gas and GLP (Australian Gas Association - Approval No. 5048) for working pressure up to 20 Bars. Approved for use with gaseous oxygen up to 10 Bars and +60C (BAM 1432/95 4-755). Approved for potable water (WRC). Instructions for use with potable water : apply product on male threads only, wait 24 hrs. after assembly. It replaces PTFE tape and yarn and gives instant sealing against moderate pressure. It seals against gas, water, LPG, hydrocarbons, oils and other chemicals. Thixotropic property prevents migration from thread of the sealant before or during curing. Shocks and vibrations resistant, unaffected sealing properties in the temperature range from -55C to +150C.

AGA Approved
    Rapid cure time and application
    Sealing unaffected by shock/vibration with temp. range -50C to +150C
    Dimal likes this.

24-18 loxeal is the stuff elektros sell for the simonelli. Not sure of the differences.
    I have the 24-18, and it's a good product. Not messy like tape.

Do you think I need to replace that greasy stuff on the thermosyphon loop as well?