Thread: Sunbeam EM6910 won't stop going through cleaning

Question Sunbeam EM6910 won't stop going through cleaning

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello before I explain I would like to say sorry if this is a silly question as I've never owned a coffee machine before. Please correct me if I've done something wrong.

Okay so I got this EM6910 free from someone secondhand and I'm trying to clean it up before using it. They didn't mention any issues except for the steam wand not working, but I got the impression that they didn't clean it very often so I'm going to try clean that. The current issue I'm running into is when I ran the cleaning cycle (I used the sunbeam cleaning tablets) it wouldn't finish. I let it go for about half an hour even filled it up with water a couple times as it ran dry. The last 20 minutes its making a really loud noise, and spurting water. In the videos and manual it says it takes approximately 10 minutes so this seems an awfully long time. The water was coming out clear by this point. I thought maybe I had to let all the water cycle through so I stopped filling it up and eventually it turned off by itself.

Today I went to go turn it on to do descaling and as it heats up it started going through the cleaning cycle again. I quickly turned it off because I wasn't sure if the vinegar was okay to go through that cycle. Now I'm just waiting to try again in a few hours in case some water soaked into the electronic bits when I was cleaning causing this. I'm not sure what to do should I fill it up again and let the cleaning cycle keep going when I turn it on?

Thanks so much for your help.

I would suggest turning it off at the wall and unplugging it for several hours, see if that stops the cleaning cycle. I don't think you should let it keep going. If it's still doing it when you plug it in again try entering the programming mode.

Its okay all fixed now I reset it and its working. Thank you for your belp.