Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Daffodilgirl
  • 5 Post By chokkidog

Thread: How do I remove the portafilter from my new Breville Bambino Plus? It's stuck!

How do I remove the portafilter from my new Breville Bambino Plus? It's stuck!

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I've finally made my first espresso but now I can't work out how to remove the portafilter. I've Googled and all I can find is info on how to remove the basket from a portafilter. But the actual portafilter is locked in place in the machine.

I've tried swivelling it back to the Insert label on the plastic thing where you stick up the portafilter and move it across to Lock but the portafilter won't budge. Is that how you remove it or is there another way?

The instructions that came with it don't give any detail, just say, "remove portafilter".

I made a latte and the milk tasted weird with the espresso shot. I used Coles Organic Fairtrade beans to practice with. The beans smelt yummy and the espresso tasted okay by itself but with the milk it was a weird slimy sort of texture. I don't get that with my Nespresso pod and milk made the same way, heated up in the microwave and then whizzed up in my Breville Milk Shake Maker.

It took me 50 mins just to grind the first lot of beans and make the espresso!

UPDATE:

I had another go and I did it!!!!

My hockey puck is VERY WET even after 25 mins after making the espresso so I under extracted it. I did 12 for grind in 9.8 seconds.
    338 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffodilgirl View Post
    UPDATE:

I had another go and I did it!!!!

My hockey puck is VERY WET even after 25 mins after making the espresso so I under extracted it. I did 12 for grind in 9.8 seconds.
    Totally unsure of what your last sentence means but......

Your shot is only under extracted if it is under extracted and tastes it. A wet puck is no indication of under extraction so try not to get distracted by conformism to internet based rules about coffee.

It's all about 'what is in the cup'.