Thread: Breville BES920XL not heating up to 200 degrees

Breville BES920XL not heating up to 200 degrees

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hello all this is my first post on this really cool site. I'm hoping you all can help me with this Breville BES920XL not heating up to the required temperature of 200 degrees. I have run through the descaling process several times with the solution and that solved some other issues. Ideally I should now be able to use the machine without any issues but it never reaches the temperature for normal operation. It's noteworthy that I have opened the left descaling valve and cold water comes out of that side, whereas hot water comes out of the right boiler. If anyone has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sounds like an issue in the brew boiler element circuit. Does it heat up at all or just stay room temperature?

It currently will heat up to 177 degrees, very close to where it needs to be. I've heard that the fuse could be bad but I'm not sure where that is.

If the thermal fuse is blown out won't heat at all. I suppose it's possible that once a certain heat is reached a bad connection opens with to stop it heating. Is there a leak in the brew boiler? When you say only child water comes out the left drain screw does it come out at 177 or room temperature?

There are no leaks anywhere at this time, and the water that comes out at the left drain screw is room temperature. I have verified this time and time again by running through the modes and letting it sit warming up for hours.

So do you think the display reading of 177F is inaccurate?

When you make coffee, the taste is what counts.

i have the same problem with My Oracle. On the weekend it got stuck on 70 degrees c (158 fahrenheit) and would not heat up to the 93 degrees celsius. The power light just keeps flashing and you cannot extract coffee. Tried hard reset and unplugging for an hour but no improvement. Any ideas on what the problem could be?