Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Xanthine

Thread: Sunbeam EM6910 internal leaking - what part is this?

Sunbeam EM6910 internal leaking - what part is this?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi team,

My Sunbeam machine has developed an internal leak, and I am wondering if anyone has a suggested plan of attack. The image I have included (see link), with the red arrow pointing at the place water has started hissing out when I start an extraction. I am about to take it apart, but if anyone has suggestions on the part number I need to fix this issue, I would be very grateful for the information.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xd9psro8vcwmmbk/IMG_20190308_093349995_scaled.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmc View Post
    Hi team,

My Sunbeam machine has developed an internal leak, and I am wondering if anyone has a suggested plan of attack. The image I have included (see link), with the red arrow pointing at the place water has started hissing out when I start an extraction. I am about to take it apart, but if anyone has suggestions on the part number I need to fix this issue, I would be very grateful for the information.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xd9psro8vcwmmbk/IMG_20190308_093349995_scaled.jpg
    Thatís the pump. I think thereís an o-ring in between those two pieces, but you may be better off replacing the whole pump as theyíre not particularly expensive. Itís an Ulka EP5.

Hi jamesmc
    The two sections screw together - should be easy enough to remove just the top section and fit an "o" ring from Repco or similar.
    Probably don't need to remove the whole pump.

Here is a photo of the parts -

Brew pump.JPG

Is the top part in the photo a opv valve ?

Thanks so much for the advice. I'm heartened to hear that it is not a major fix. I will be taking it apart soon and will report back.

Is the top part in the photo a opv valve ?
    I always thought it was but I think it is called a primer valve. It can sometimes break down and then diverts all of the pump water, resulting in almost no flow from either the group head or hot water tap.

@jamesmc

Good luck with it - look forward to hearing how you go. Just a hint - use 2 spanners to undo the top brass fitting so you don't put too much strain on on the metal pipework as it is not very strong.
    buderim11 likes this.