Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Caffeinator
  • 2 Post By Dimal

Thread: Help please, lux grinder in Nemox machine broke

Help please, lux grinder in Nemox machine broke

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all! I have a Nemox napoletana combi and randomly today the grinder made a horrible noise, then the whole thing hopper and all was spinning (and it shouldnít) itís like the whole thing jumped out of its groove or something, and the dial to adjust the grind does nothing now
    *disclaimer, I know jack all about anything, im new to it all, so I donít know how to describe what itís doing 😓
    its probably a 10 yo machine that Iíve had a month or so and apparently it had sat in storage for 4 years before I bought it. If that helps at all.....
    Is there anything I can do to fix it? Or is it a lost cause? Currently canít make coffee because of this, so itís like life and death here!

Welcome "Trixitrine"...

I'd recommend talking to the good people at JetBlack Espresso, who import(ed) and distribute (past and) current generations of this machine. I'm sure they should be able to help you out or recommend someone who can...

Mal.

Thankyou xx
    ive been in contact with them already for other reasons as well and they can’t help me, and they are in Sydney and I’m in melbourne ��

There's sufficient about Nemox/Mokita and all those other pre-Lelit brands to make service techs run the other way. In general, the parts are just different enough to drive you nuts.

What will be shagged is the internal plattern (gearwheel). Whether a Lelit will work, I have no idea. Jetblack may be able to source a replacement grinder body ($$$) if they don't have the part. You could purchase and have a go yourself to see if the Lelit part will fit but you'd have to bin it if it's a no go.
    Last edited by Caffeinator; 13th March 2019 at 09:49 PM.
    Dimal and Trixitrine like this.

Always happy to defer to someone who has hands-on experience...

Mal.
    Caffeinator and Trixitrine like this.

I opened up the machine and immediately found the problem - the mounting plate is all broken; yep ok that’ll do it �� and yes I now fear it will be near on I’m possible to find any parts for this machine (even just pulled the group head seal out to change it and omg is it so different ��) so will have to either glue the mount plate back together or fashion up a new one. Do not even know how to get it out, though, there’s screws I can’t reach. argh.