Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By level3ninja
  • 3 Post By Erimus

Thread: Decisions, help!

Decisions, help!

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Ok firstly I want to confirm if breville do or don't allow you to buy the dual boiler without the grinder anymore? Because depending on that, it changes my plans. Also, how on earth are people finding the dual boiler for under 1100-1300$??? Is it at specific times of the year? Because if I could find one for under 1000, this would probably be a no brainer. I'd be getting that with either a Vario or M2M grinder.

Otherwise, I have found myself perusing sub 1500 hx machines, particularly the Oscar 2. I absolutely adore the look of the appartamento but I think that's starting to push myself out of the budget and I'd probably start skimping on the grinder which ideally I wouldn't want to do.

Would be making 4-5 cups a day and mostly milk based.

Thanks for any feedback

You can sometimes buy the BES920 on its own for below $800, OK Guys, Ding Lee, and Hardly Normal etc seem to have sales on them every 6 months or so, it doesn't seem to be a regular time of year so keep an eye out.
    CoffeeChick6462 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeChick6462 View Post
    Ok firstly I want to confirm if breville do or don't allow you to buy the dual boiler without the grinder anymore? Because depending on that, it changes my plans. Also, how on earth are people finding the dual boiler for under 1100-1300$??? Is it at specific times of the year? Because if I could find one for under 1000, this would probably be a no brainer. I'd be getting that with either a Vario or M2M grinder.

Otherwise, I have found myself perusing sub 1500 hx machines, particularly the Oscar 2. I absolutely adore the look of the appartamento but I think that's starting to push myself out of the budget and I'd probably start skimping on the grinder which ideally I wouldn't want to do.

Would be making 4-5 cups a day and mostly milk based.

Thanks for any feedback
    We bought one a month back and had to buy it with the grinder. $1299 at Hardly Normal.
    It is all boxed up together and understandably wont separate them.
    I don't think they are available as a separate unit at the moment.
    I'm happy we got the grinder anyway. I love the programmable grind time, it means the same qty each time you use it.
    Loving the machine so far. It really punches out some steam

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    We bought one a month back and had to buy it with the grinder. $1299 at Hardly Normal.
    It is all boxed up together and understandably wont separate them.
    I don't think they are available as a separate unit at the moment.
    I'm happy we got the grinder anyway. I love the programmable grind time, it means the same qty each time you use it.
    Loving the machine so far. It really punches out some steam
    Thanks. I'm just wary of longevity so I'm still on the fence

Do you mean this one for $899?
    https://www.binglee.com.au/breville-bes920-the-dual-boiler

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeChick6462 View Post
    Thanks. I'm just wary of longevity so I'm still on the fence
    Any of the appliance machines are probably best purchased with extended warranty, as the cost of an annual service or any repair is likely to exceed the extended warranty cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggy42 View Post
    Do you mean this one for $899?
    https://www.binglee.com.au/breville-bes920-the-dual-boiler

Thanks Hoggy just spoke with them and they're out of stock. Back to my never ending HX decisions! Love the profitec 500 too but that's getting pretty exxy

Best thing is just be patient. There are multiple cheap ways to make coffee and all coffee is good if fresh beans are used. It will eventually come up at Harvey Norman and if it doesn't you'll be able to afford an HX with all the money you've saved.
    Last edited by Erimus; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:34 PM.
    Dimal, WarrenK and CoffeeChick6462 like this.