Sunbeam Cafe Series EM6910 Espresso Machine + EM0480 Grinder replacement
So my setup must be close to 10 years old. All credit to Sunbeam (at least at that time) - everything still works enough for our daily fix.
* steam wand sometimes wants to steam when turned off; steam wand relay disables if past a certain point and it feels like it
* seal is going
* grinder (ages ago) lost the plastic top that controls the weight of the beans into it
* Sunbeam Coffee School: this changed my life but no longer exists :(
* I like being able to split the milk and pour the coffee at the same time but I generally make one coffee first and then split the milk whilst making the second anyway. Latte art results are best when making a single coffee and its milk at the same time.
* I'm in trouble if I don't sort my wife's latte each morning :)
* 2 coffees a day minimum. The average wouldn't be much higher. It gets carried to family occasions such as Easter and Christmas to much applaud.
Well maybe I'm in the wrong forum, but for my usage, I'm leaning towards the EM4300, whilst keeping the existing grinder. Machine + Combo budget can get up to $1k, however I'm not convinced on the longevity of Breville and as much as my wife and I would like to save kitchen space, I see bad reviews of the combo machine/grinders here. I don't want to be paying for extended warranties.
Convince me otherwise (or not!). Tell me to replace my seal and fix my steam pump relay somehow?