Thread: EM 6910 steam wand not working - can hear pump but no steam

EM 6910 steam wand not working - can hear pump but no steam

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all - I'm trying to get a 6910 working properly. I was given it - apparently not working at all - but I managed to get the hot water and the main coffee machine working - I think it just needed priming. I was hoping the steam wand was the same but apparently not. I took the wand off and ran vinegar through it and rinsed it - water going through just fine. I also took the knob off and removed the other nut bit and didn't notice anything amiss - clicky switch thing at the side seemed ok.

So now I wonder what next? I can hear the pump. It is regular but quieter than my other 6910.

Thanks all!

Is the steam thermoblock heating?

Quote Originally Posted by level3ninja View Post
    Good question - how could I tell? Does the steam want get hot at the base if it is working?

Quote Originally Posted by level3ninja View Post
    Not sure if this tells us anything but the base of the steam wand bits (the nut etc) is getting much hotter than the hot water tap that I didnít run this morning?

Thermoblock sounds to be blocked. Plenty of threads on here about how to descale the steam side of these machines. But it might need replacing.

https://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-e...el-em6910.html

Obviously you have read the replies to your other thread.
    Run it longer with the vinegar through it.
    You will need a sparky to pull it apart of that doesn't work. Maybe a heavier descaler and manually running pump, or reverse flushing thermoblock. Or remove and replace thermoblock

Quote Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
    https://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-e...el-em6910.html

Obviously you have read the replies to your other thread.
    Run it longer with the vinegar through it.
    You will need a sparky to pull it apart of that doesn't work. Maybe a heavier descaler and manually running pump, or reverse flushing thermoblock. Or remove and replace thermoblock
    Thanks - how do I manually run the pump and reverse flush thermos lock? Any previous threads on this?

Do you mean run the steam wand longer with vinegar in the tank? Currently there is a rythmic quiet pump noise but nothing coming out, no water even.

Quote Originally Posted by latte1978 View Post
    Thanks - how do I manually run the pump and reverse flush thermos lock? Any previous threads on this?

Do you mean run the steam wand longer with vinegar in the tank? Currently there is a rythmic quiet pump noise but nothing coming out, no water even.
    Iíve just posted on your other thread - donít run the pump for longer, rather run it repeatedly every few minutes for a few seconds at a time.