Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By pcrussell50
  • 1 Post By fox81

Thread: Breville BES920 service Melbourne north

Breville BES920 service Melbourne north

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Having just ticked over 3 yrs and having a bit of a leak at the group head, its time for a service for my Breville BES920. Not that keen on doing it myself.

Any recommendations for a service agent in the northern suburbs of Melbourne? I just live off the coffee roaster highway that is moreland road.

I see segafreddo zanetti on sydney road advertise a service for $140. Any experience with them?

It's been many years since I lived in Melbourne so I can't help with your specific question, but it sounds at first blush, like you have worn out the plastic group collar. Empirically, this comes from over tightening, or rather, the tighter you tend to lock your portafilter, the more rapidly the group collar wears out. This is enough of a "thing" that in late 2017, Breville introduced a slightly re designed group. It does not make better or worse espresso. But it makes servicing and replacing worn group collars from a bit of PITA, to one that is pretty quick and easy. That is of no help to you, I realize. Just putting it out there for general education.

I am pretty handy with repairs and especially the BDB, where I've turned mine into a needle valve flow profiler and plumbed it in, using a rotary pump. But even I would not look forward to the job your machine is facing. I would consider exactly what you are, and paying someone to do it. Let us know how it goes.

-Peter
    Roz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pcrussell50 View Post
    I Empirically, this comes from over tightening, or rather, the tighter you tend to lock your portafilter, the more rapidly the group collar wears out.
    Logically, this comes from tightening, rather than empirically (unless, of course, you have directly observed several machines and noted a difference between those used with a tight portafilter and those not).

^^^ Fair enough. No argument.

-Peter

Try CMR in Brunswick they're at 9/306 Albert St. I used to use them when I lived in that area.

thanks all. i ended up replacing the seal all on my own and so far so good. will monitor from here.
    inorog likes this.