• 1 Post By level3ninja
  • 1 Post By kelvin8r
  • 1 Post By Jackster
  • 1 Post By level3ninja

Thread: First Decent Machine

First Decent Machine

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All,

Firstly I'd just like to say hello, I've only just found this forum and have spent the last few days trolling the old posts

I'm on the hunt for an upgrade on my current Sunbeam Cafe Espresso ii and had my mind set on a Breville Barista Express, but after looking through here the last few days, I've changed my mind and now looking for something along the lines of a Lelit Combi.

I'm based in Perth, doesn't look to be any local Lelit dealers in town. For someone who'd use it for a latte a day, prob a few more on the weekend, would you think I'd be better served by a pre-loved machine or straight into something brand new?

Here's this mornings attempted art

Cheers everyone

If you know how to inspect a used coffee machine you can save some serious dollars. If you don't you could buy a pre-loved machine from site sponsor JetBlack Espresso (based in Sydney but will ship to you, they're the Australian importers of Lelit). Might be worth giving them a call, Charlie will be happy to talk through what machine will best suit you.
    Dimal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by level3ninja View Post
    If you know how to inspect a used coffee machine you can save some serious dollars. If you don't you could buy a pre-loved machine from site sponsor JetBlack Espresso (based in Sydney but will ship to you, they're the Australian importers of Lelit). Might be worth giving them a call, Charlie will be happy to talk through what machine will best suit you.
    Hi Ninja,

Charlie's posts are the ones that swayed me towards the Lelit's, so I think that's the way I would swing unless someone else on here had one locally.
    Thanks for the reply mate
    Dimal likes this.

I have a Musica in Perth I might be tempted to part with, so I can get one of those gorgeous lever machines shipped over that are prolific in the sale section at present.
    kelvin8r likes this.

Depends how's far down the rabbit hole you want to go. The Combi isn't next level amazing, but it will produce good coffee reliably for years of you look after it. If you're going to be wanting to upgrade soon you could start a little cheaper on the machine and more expensive on the grinder. A used Sunbeam 6910 with some good aftermarket baskets and matched tamper, along with a grinder like a Macap M2 or Compak K3, or even better a Mahlkoenig Vario will go a long way.

Edit: if it's from Jackster you don't have to worry about inspecting it closely
    kelvin8r likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
    I have a Musica in Perth I might be tempted to part with, so I can get one of those gorgeous lever machines shipped over that are prolific in the sale section at present.
    Thanks Jackster, I'll do some googling about the Musica and see what that's all about, I haven't seen that one in my searches as yet.

Did you want to PM me what you'd be looking for to let it go?