Thread: Oscar 2 OR Lelit Victoria (PL91T)?

Oscar 2 OR Lelit Victoria (PL91T)?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

Looking at purchasing my first machine. I drink espresso without milk but others in the family drink milk coffees. We will make 3-4 coffees per day in total, up to 6-7 with people over. We also have limited bench space. After some research, the Oscar 2 and Lelit Victoria were the ones which stood out. Can anyone talk me out of (or into) either one? I was leaning heavily towards Oscar but Lelit seems sturdier and built to last. Having said that, it's $200 more!

You're going to need a decent grinder to go with your new coffee machine. With the current EOFY specials, my vote would be to pick up a BES920 Dual Boiler for just over $700. Then allow $450 to $550 for a grinder such as a Rancilio Rocky, Macap M2M or Compak K3, which would see you through a couple of upgrades if you go that way in the future. For $1150 to $1250 you'd be capable of some really decent coffee, both Espresso and milk-based. Just about the best package value currently available at this price point if espresso is factored in. There's a strong BES920 thread on the forum worth looking at also.
    Last edited by CafeLotta; 11th June 2019 at 03:27 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
    Hi all,

Looking at purchasing my first machine. I drink espresso without milk but others in the family drink milk coffees. We will make 3-4 coffees per day in total, up to 6-7 with people over. We also have limited bench space. After some research, the Oscar 2 and Lelit Victoria were the ones which stood out. Can anyone talk me out of (or into) either one? I was leaning heavily towards Oscar but Lelit seems sturdier and built to last. Having said that, it's $200 more!
    The Lelit Victoria is sturdy with stainless steel body and chassis. Probably the biggest difference as far as coffee quality goes is that it is very temperature stable. The group head is actually the bottom part of the boiler which is PID controlled. So espresso quality is excellent. In steam mode it auto fills the boiler so it will steam all your milk in one go.

The advantage of the oscar 2 is that it is a heat exchanger so there is no waiting between espresso and milk (whereas on the Victoria there is a wait of 45 seconds into steam mode and 20 seconds back to coffee).

charlie