Thread: Pavoni Europiccola - boiler gaskets causing seal leakage?

Pavoni Europiccola - boiler gaskets causing seal leakage?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Good afternoon, I recently replaced the seal kit on my La Pavoni Europiccola (post-millennium) machine and have noticed that the element plate (and o-ring) does not seal well against the brass boiler fixing ring. The plate appears to contact brass boiler fixing ring before compressing the seal. When I went to water test, it leaked out the bottom.

Perturbed I reviewed some 'before' pictures I took of the machine and noticed that the top gasket was not present. During the seal replacement I fitted both gaskets per the design intent. Does everyone else have two gaskets?

The gaskets are #701806 in the link below;

https://www.coffeeparts.com.au/pavon...olo-main-parts

I feel that the brass boiler fixing ring needs to rotate around further to allow the element plate to press down deeper to the o-ring. It is already around pretty tight, with lubricant as well.

I've just had the base powder coated and the guy said that the coating won't stand high temps, which is why I had so much damage before. If I leave one of the gaskets out, I'm worried this will happen again.

Thoughts?
    Cheers,
    Paul

Thumbnails to larger pictures. Appreciate any help or advice.

My only knowledge is that the powder coat 'may' last. I have flat black on the mufflers on my bike, they have lasted, but look a bit glossier now..

yeah, when I said it could get to high 80-90's he wasn't actually keen to do the job. But I said there would be gaskets to offer some heat distribution, so he was happier to do it.