Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By level3ninja

Thread: Dynamic duo vs buying individually

Dynamic duo vs buying individually

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all, I’m looking at the Breville “Dynamic Duo” (BEP920BSS). However I’ve seen that the dual boiler and smart grinder pro a cheaper to buy separately. I thought they would have been cheaper in the combo/pack. Is there something extra in the dynamic duo pack or are the machine and grinder slightly different in the pack or is the pricing just really weird and I’m better off buying separately?

As an example, Harvey Norman have the machine on clearance for $827 and bing lee for $899. Bing lee and Myer also have the Grindr for $190. Whereas the dynamic duo pack is $1399 at Harvey Norman and Bing Lee.

We bought ours about 4-5 months back. They were no longer available separately we were told?

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    We bought ours about 4-5 months back. They were no longer available separately we were told?
    Hmmmm they’re still advertised everywhere separately and as a pack.

We were desperate. Our Sunbeam had died and we were down to instant
    The couple of local places we went to told us not available separately, as did bing lee.
    Paid 1100 or 1150 I think at Hardly Normal.
    Really happy with the pair of them. Steams like a beauty, and the selectable grind duration is great.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    Paid 1100 or 1150 I think at Hardly Normal.
    Wow! Cheapest I can find is $1399 in stainless steel or $1250 in black

It was in store. Bargained them down a bit.
    Others have got them cheaper.
    Worth asking the question anyway.

Senior Member Barry O'Speedwagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Philr32 View Post
    Wow! Cheapest I can find is $1399 in stainless steel or $1250 in black
    If you go into a store and are ready to pay $$ you should be able to get a better price. Places like HN build part of their interest margin (for financed purchases) in to the sales price, and can offer you a reasonable discount if you are paying up front.

There is nothing extra in the pack when they're together, but they're not always available separately, and definitely not always on sale.
    warthog likes this.

I bought the Dual Boiler for $899 at HN and the Smart Grinder for $199 at Myer last week.
    Good Guys are all out.
    Apparently it's a regular Breville practice to reduce the cost of the individual pieces but keep the Deadly Duo price the same.
    I know somebody who bought at similar prices a few years back.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Robw View Post
    Good Guys are all out.
    They show limited stock at $827 on their T.G.G. website available for delivery ($35 extra). Also limited stock in a few stores showing. 11/7/2019 4:35pm.

They sold mega numbers when they had the EvilBay 10% off special of $711 about 4 weeks ago then becoming a 20% off special dropping price to $632 about 3 weeks ago. The last tally I saw was around 380 units sold in about 1-1/2 weeks on their EviBay store. Not listing the BES920 on EvilBay currently. Hopefully everyone who bought one there received it.

Smart Grinder at $152 delivered on Myer's EvilBay store with 20% code which you need to be logged in to see.
    Last edited by CafeLotta; 11th July 2019 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Smart grinder price