Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Caffeinator
  • 2 Post By flynnaus
  • 1 Post By roosterben

Thread: Vibiemme Domobar Lever HX

Vibiemme Domobar Lever HX

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All,

I'm looking at upgrading from my Rancilio Silvia and after doing some research I'm fairly certain I'm gonna go for a Vibiemme. Would like a Heat exchanger machine with E61 group head.
    Now I found a lot of information about the Vibiemme Domobar Junior and it looks like a great machine. Then I came across the Vibiemme Domobar Lever HX but can't find any information about it apart from a link posted. It is $400 cheaper and still ticks the boxes for E61 and HX.
    Does anyone have any more info regarding this machine and how it compares to the Junior?

Edit: Link has been removed due to being non sponsored
    Last edited by Dennsch; 1 Week Ago at 09:27 AM.

Dennsch you may want to remove the link, non sponsor links aren't allowed, especially a uk link displaying prices in A$, it looks like it is trying to sell here.

The Domobar Junior is not a machine I would recommend. Way, way too many internal issues with poorly routed wiring and the location of the boiler makes it really tricky to service as well. I could write a thousand words here. That said, the graphic depicted in the link you have provided is a single boiler Piccolo which is definitely NOT a HX machine.

My advice is to spend your hard-earned on a better alternative. If your vendor doesn't even know what they are selling, best walk away and seek an industry professional.
    Last edited by Caffeinator; 1 Week Ago at 10:39 AM. Reason: typo
    Dimal, robusto and 338 like this.

Do you live in the UK? The Lever isnt available in Australia so i doubt anyone here can provide any experience of using one. It only has a 500 ml boiler?!?! So will probably struggle to make more than one milk based coffee at a time. I know those who have bought the Junior have been more than happy with their purchase.
    Edit: Well, having just read Caffeinator's post, I agree that you ought to look elsewhere.
    Dimal and robusto like this.

Thanks for the help guys, will do some more research and probably find a different supplier

In the price range under $1500 there are no HX/E61 machines that I am aware of brand new. To give you some more options at the cheaper end of E61 HX have a look at Expobr Office Leva, Bezzera BZ10, Quckmill Rubino, Lelit Mara PL62S, Isomac Tea Due, Rocket Apartmento.

If you are set on new and can live without E61 then the Expobar Office Semi Auto can be had for around $1500 when on sale.

If you want to look at used then add in a few more premium E61 machines like Profitec Pro 500 and Rocket Giotto.

In the E61 generally the machines in the mid-high price range have better internal designs, more stainless steel panels and build quality.

BZ10 is a quality machine but not E61, if that's something you care about.

Thanks level3ninja, I assumed it was as it looks so similar, but it is a Bezzera proprietary design.

I havent made a dumb question for a long time, but why e61 again, is it a heat transfer thing?
    Going by 10 year old memory on a lot of this stuff!

The E61 design has the thermosyphon system which circulates hot water through the group and provides good temperature stability. Looks good too with the chrome group. Hopefully that is what you meant.
    Sullo likes this.

Ah yeah thaats it thanks rooster

Thanks again for everyones help. Not necessarily looking for new. I'm gonna monitor the marketplace section of the forum for some good deals. Is there any other place to look for used/refurbished machines?