Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By level3ninja
  • 3 Post By noidle22

Thread: Sunbeam EM7000 Steam Wand Adjustment

Sunbeam EM7000 Steam Wand Adjustment

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Firstly I tried to make a post title that would make anyone else searching easier to find,
    As Im trying to find info on adjustment of the steam wand, its just been serviced and you literally have to wrench the thing to turn it off, can this be adjusted and also the pressure coming from it?
    I have two of these and they have both been serviced and both act very differently, can anyone assist or point me in the right direction (I Have searched threads and yt but cant find it)

thanks!

Try post #177 and #178 on this thread:
    https://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-e...ack-4.html#177
    Sullo likes this.

Yes, most likely needs the stop point adjusted. Also, the o-rings on the internals of the steam valve are of poor quality and degrade fairly rapidly. This will cause a nasty non-linear and tight feeling when turning the knob, often accompanied by a groaning or squeaking noise. If yours feels smooth then there's no problem, but if it doesn't feel smooth then you should replace the o-rings. The o-rings can be purchased from RS under part no. 128-990. You get 50 so plenty for the future. They are Viton so withstand higher temperatures.
    It's also advisable to lubricate the o-rings with Molykote 111. This can be purchased from Jetblack Espresso or many outlets online, probably at most good hardware shops too.

Regarding changing the steam performance, you can adjust the pump rate and thermoblock temperature. With the machine off, press and hold the two cup button then press the power button. Once the machine turns on, a single light will be lit. If it's in the middle, it's factory default. Moving to the right, each button is +5C, to the left is -5C.
    To adjust the pump rate, with the machine off press and hold the program button and power on. Again, a light will be lit. Towards the right is +0.5s and to the left is -0.5s (i think those are the time adjustments, to the right is faster and the left slower anyway).

Most older Sunbeams will benefit from slowing the pump down and turning up the temperature. This allows the water more time in the thermoblock to fully convert to steam.
    robusto, Sullo and level3ninja like this.

Legends! Thanks guys

For anyone playing along at home I now have a pack 50 of those o-rings and can post a few to anyone that wants them