Thread: EM7000 not extracting

EM7000 not extracting

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I’ve had an EM7000 for five or so years, and have replaced the thermofuse once.

Recently it stopped extracting any more than a few dribbles. It does produce water with no basket, and I’ve test a few ranges of grinds to account for that variable. I’ve also removed and cleaned the screen.

It’s as if the pump works, but just can’t or won’t produce enough pressure to push water through anything other than the plumbing.

As a side note, I’ve noticed that the water tastes a bit like water from my garden hose :U

Any ideas?

Sounds like the pump is nearly dead

That was my first thought - I’ve ordered a spare and will report back with the outcome. Thanks for sanity check!

5 years or so would be about right for those pumps. Wouldn't be a bad idea to replace the OPV as well, as well as all seals and o-rings if you haven't recently.

I should have clarified - the machine dumps to the tray if there is anything in the tray.

Does this machine have a bypass valve that might need attention?

Quote Originally Posted by Merkel View Post
    the machine dumps to the tray if there is anything in the tray.
    Not sure what you mean by if there is anything in the tray. Sounds like the 3-way solenoid could be the issue. It opens to allow water from the pump to go to the group head, then it closes again to release the pressure into the drip tray. If it's not opening fully you will get less pressure at the group head and more water in the drip tray.