Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By level3ninja
  • 1 Post By level3ninja

Thread: Help choose my next machine!!!!

Help choose my next machine!!!!

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey All,

Well after a good ten years (or so) our Breville Dual Boiler has finally broken and we are ready to move on. There will be a farewell ceremony but we don't need any time to mourn.

Would LOVE your advice on what's out there at the moment in regards to replacements that we should look at!

- We have a Breville grinder that is still going strong so don't need a grinder / espresso in one machine.
    - We would probably not call ourselves coffee "snobs"... but we do like good coffee and we do take the time to adjust grind and amount to get a good coffee
    - We only buy Decent beans (usually Toby's Estate or P&R)
    - We did LOVE the dual boiler setup

We probably don't want to spend tooo much $$$$ so like, no more than a replacement dual boiler I would say!

Hit me with what you would recommend

Honestly if you like the BDB set up and don't want to pay more than that there is nothing like it for the price. To buy something different will be a compromise on features or price. How many coffees a day are you making? What kind of coffees? What's your location? What's your maximum budget?
    Dimal and 338 like this.

Hi FolAnd, welcome. Might be helpful explaining what you mean by 'replacement dual boiler'. Like for like as an appliance item is $1k, prosumer db is $3 to $4k. Might be helpful to narrow that down a bit to get useful suggestions

Thanks level3ninja.

Yeah I thought there might not be much choice.... we did lihe the machine! Was just hopping something different had come out We work from home so make about 6 coffees a day... mostly Cappuccinos, happy to pay for a good machine

338, oh I just meant if we buy another BDB machine... a new one is about $1,200 (with another grinder)

On that budget would definitely agree with Ninja, good value at the pricepoint.

If you can wait there are usually sales at various department stores with the BDB on its own for under $800. Might have to wait a couple of months though.
    Dimal likes this.