• 1 Post By yldlj
  • 1 Post By yldlj
  • 1 Post By ndanes
  • 1 Post By yldlj
  • 2 Post By ndanes

Thread: Lelit double basket dose

Lelit double basket dose

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey everyone, I got a lelit pl41 a few weeks ago paired with a Macap M2M. Great setup but was just wondering how much people dose in these massive double baskets? I did the 5 cent test and it led me to 18g in the basket but the shots are way underdosed at that, soupy pucks. I can fit 23g in when full but have found 20 to 21g to be the best tasting. What are other peoples experience with these baskets?

Site Sponsor
    You can get some pretty great results at around 18g. If the puck's soupy with 18g, I'd suspect coffee that isn't fresh enough or the shot is running too long.

charlie
    Dimal and yldlj like this.

Thanks. I actually got the machine from you. In the book you provided it says using the precision tamper it should be at the second to top line. That results in 23g with he beans I'm using ATM which are 7 days post roast. Pours seem good with just under 40g extracted in 27 seconds. One thing I have noticed is the pours start to come out the spouts at around 3 or 4 seconds. Maybe abit too fast?

Site Sponsor
    The dosing lines on the PreciseFit tamper are a pretty reliable guide. So I'd stick to that. Sounds like you've got your recipe dialed for the beans you're using

charlie
    yldlj likes this.

At the second to top line the puck is hard and difficult to come out. I have found the top line with these beans a better fit and that comes to around 21g. Maybe it's just these beans also because 18g doesn't even fill the basket.

Site Sponsor
    Yes sounds like top line is the go for your beans,

charlie
    yldlj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JetBlack_Espresso View Post
    Yes sounds like top line is the go for your beans,

charlie
    Thanks for the replys, I appreciate the help. I was just amazed by how much fit into these double baskets. I have some of fiefy's blend that will be opened this weekend. I'll see how much difference there is between beans. ��

Site Sponsor
    Cool. Post some pics of your shots!

charlie

This mornings cup. IMG_20191212_070532.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Nice work!!

charlie

very nice makes me want a 2nd one. Week 5 today for me.. and got one of the best coffees today. Wish I'd taken a pic too. getting better at my milk texture though i can't do decent art yet. lelit 41 temp also from jetblack and a m2m grinder. Am weighing beans not grind. at 21.5 I really must see what that comes out (weight wise) at once ground.
    Last edited by kexkez; 13th December 2019 at 01:16 PM.
    yldlj likes this.

I find that single dosing has too many inconsistent shots. The M2M does way better having beans in the hopper even if its 1/4 full. I owned a Silvia for years a while back and this machine textures milk alot easier. I'm still getting the hang of things tho as it's been a few years without a machine at all. Good to see someone else dosing that much in these baskets too. 21g seems to be the best fit with he beans I'm using now, I usually dose to a mound level off and that's around the 21g mark.
    kexkez likes this.

Just an update. I opened a bag of fiefy's latte art roast today 10 days post roast and that has resulted in 19g into the basket. I have dialed in the grind abit finer so I'm getting abit above 30g out in 27 seconds. Just goes to show the difference in weight beans can have. I must say this fiefy's blend tastes great.
    Dimal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yldlj View Post
    Hey everyone, I got a lelit pl41 a few weeks ago paired with a Macap M2M. Great setup but was just wondering how much people dose in these massive double baskets? I did the 5 cent test and it led me to 18g in the basket but the shots are way underdosed at that, soupy pucks. I can fit 23g in when full but have found 20 to 21g to be the best tasting. What are other peoples experience with these baskets?
    Hi yldlj! I'm also a recent owner of a Lelit PL41EM and have arrived the same findings as you do. My double shot basket seems to deliver best result at 18-19g dose, both in taste (1:2.5 ratio for me) and puck appearance.
    yldlj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ndanes View Post
    Hi yldlj! I'm also a recent owner of a Lelit PL41EM and have arrived the same findings as you do. My double shot basket seems to deliver best result at 18-19g dose, both in taste (1:2.5 ratio for me) and puck appearance.
    I noticed alot of weight difference between two different beans I have been using. I'm only using fiefy's latte art blend ATM with 19.5g in and between 30 - 35g out. Seems to be a nice balance with milk in my 190ml cups. What beans are you using?
    Dimal likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yldlj View Post
    I noticed alot of weight difference between two different beans I have been using. I'm only using fiefy's latte art blend ATM with 19.5g in and between 30 - 35g out. Seems to be a nice balance with milk in my 190ml cups. What beans are you using?
    I live in Vietnam, and buy from a local, Canadian-invested roaster called 1864 Café. My favourite is El Salvador Santa Rosa single origin medium roast + grinder Breville SGP at outer 7 / inner 6 fine setting seems to deliver a pleasant result with 45-48g in 25 secs.
    Dimal and yldlj like this.