Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By yldlj
  • 1 Post By kexkez

Thread: Lelit pl91t (Victoria) or Pl41temd

Lelit pl91t (Victoria) or Pl41temd

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Will be replacing my Gaggia Classic which has PID installed with either the PL91T or the PL41temd.
    There is currently $600 difference in price which seems a lot.

i make 1 cappuccino every day and a long black about 3 times a week. so very light use. Even if it increased the usage would never even double.

Is the Pl41temd more than adequate. How long to wait for steam following espresso shot?

Is the preinfusion on the Pl91t worth much ( never used )?

finally is the PID on both for shots and steam or just shots?

I would need anew tamper for the pl41temd but can sell my reg barber from my gaggia.

Quote Originally Posted by petermet View Post
    Will be replacing my Gaggia Classic which has PID installed with either the PL91T or the PL41temd.
    There is currently $600 difference in price which seems a lot.

i make 1 cappuccino every day and a long black about 3 times a week. so very light use. Even if it increased the usage would never even double.

Is the Pl41temd more than adequate. How long to wait for steam following espresso shot?

Is the preinfusion on the Pl91t worth much ( never used )?

finally is the PID on both for shots and steam or just shots?

I would need anew tamper for the pl41temd but can sell my reg barber from my gaggia.
    I can give a few answers on the pl41 because I have owned one for about a month now. Yes this machine would be adequate even the Gaggia you have is. The PID is for both brew and steam functions, both programmable. The wait for steam isn't long at all under 30seconds I would say and the power is great definately more power than my Silvia had. The pl41 needs a 57.5mm tamper and the Victoria has a full size 58mm group head.
    Dimal likes this.

Wait is pretty short on the pl41temp..Would agree with ykllj's comment on time. By the time I've give my basket a quick rinse its ready to do a short steam test run and then I easily manage enough milk for 2 flat whites. Wouldnt be an issue doing 1 cap. I've had mine a couple of months but only made my first cappuccino yesterday for my mum who was visiting. Wasnt that great but that was down to no skills from me rather than the lack of steam. I would think that would be the limit though in one sitting. I think you'd want to wait a bit before steaming more than three/four flat white drinks or more than two capuccinos. Temp comes up fairly quickly from cold for water but after advice from a friend i try and turn the machine on 30 mins before I want to make a coffee. ( or at least 10-15mins prior)
    Dimal likes this.