Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By 338
  • 1 Post By IvanG

Thread: Sunbeam EM7000

Sunbeam EM7000

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hey all.. Just the last day or so my EM7000 has stopped giving good pressure on my shot pour, even with a fine grind. I'm using the dbl basket with a 2 shot pour, and usually get perfect pressure with a 27-30 second pour. (Around 35g shot weight in the cup.). Now all of a sudden the pressure is low and pour lasts about 16 seconds, and I end up with about 22g shot in the cup. I've tried reducing the grind size and it chokes the shot pour but the pressure is still low.
    I cannot see any cracks anywhere, the beans are fresh and I grind here in a Breville Smart Grinder Pro.

Anyone have any ideas what to do? Thanks.

Hi Ivan, put your rubber disc/ cleaning disc into the portafilter, and see what result you get on the gauge. If you get full pressure the problem is within the coffee/grinding/prep side of things, if you get low pressure the problem is within the machine. At least it gives a starting point.
    level3ninja likes this.

Yeah just tried that and the pressure was only up to the "grey" area on the gauge. Well below what it should be.. Looks like I'm taking it to a repair joint.
    Dimal likes this.

Yeah get to a repair joint