Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By noidle22
  • 1 Post By Chiurato

Thread: Faema Family water going back into reservoir

Faema Family water going back into reservoir

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Machine was working properly until I de-calcified it. It still heats and the wand and steamer work (powerful flow) but when I go to make a cup, I can hear the pump struggle and nothing comes out. Could it be a blockage?

It's the Canadian version with the slider as opposed to the knob for the steam wand.

This was my dads machine who is now gone so it has special meaning to me. Any help would be appreciated.

Bit of scale has probably got lodged in the three way solenoid valve on the group head. Common problem after descaling.

You can try descaling again with a more powerful solution and cycling the group head frequently. You may be able to get a bit of descaler into the solenoid to dissolve the blockage and restore flow.
    It would be good to descale a few more times to ensure you've gotten all of the scale out otherwise it could happen again.

If you can't get it to clear out with a descale then you'll need to remove and disassemble the solenoid and manually clear it. It's a pretty straightforward job, just make sure the machine is unplugged and cold before you disassemble it.
    Dimal and level3ninja like this.

Thank you very much! I'll give it a shot.
    Dimal likes this.

You can also try giving the group head a solid knock while the pump and solenoid are activated. This can loosen any bits that are stuck after a clean.
    Sometimes does the trick, and saves heaps of time disassembling the machine.