Thread: La Cimbali Domus Classic Information?

La Cimbali Domus Classic Information?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    hello all

first post here. I recently bought my parents a Lelit Combi from AF, to replace their old crappy sunbeam beast.
    They are very happy.

Now I need to replace my own old crappy sunbeam. This combination of the Domus Classic and Sunbeam grinder is an appealing economical (hopefully??) combination.

I have had a look at cimbalis website, and can find nothing about the domus classic. In fact nothing about any of the domus range.
    The internet seems devoid of manuals for it. I can only find shops selling it and similar domus tronic/dosatron units, but nothing from the manufacturer.

Anyone have any info/suggestions as to why.

daniel

Re: La Cimbali Domus Classic Information?

I dont know why there isnt more info but I have the same combo and its ok for me, though I havent ever tried any other similar machines to compare

from what I have found

baskets arent standard, they have a different lip so you cant chop and change
    the steam wand is pretty ordinary and a tad short for my liking
    they are a 500 odd ml alloy boiler

thats about all I have found from my using one, mine is a tad strange in that when back flushing it nothing ever comes out of the drain tube, until you turn the pump off, not sure if thats normal or not

Quote Originally Posted by joregelt link=1211020822/0#0 date=1211020821

I have had a look at cimbalis website, and can find nothing about the domus classic. In fact nothing about any of the domus range.
    The internet seems devoid of manuals for it. I can only find shops selling it and similar domus tronic/dosatron units, but nothing from the manufacturer.

Anyone have any info/suggestions as to why.

daniel

Im also after information on the Domus, mainly in relation to what is required to successfully back flash this unit. I have a secondhand classic that arrived manual-ess so Im flying a little blind at the moment. Id be interested in knowing more of your cleaning experiences Sunbeamer :)

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeamer link=1211020822/0#1 date=1211175813
    mine is a tad strange in that when back flushing it nothing ever comes out of the drain tube, until you turn the pump off, not sure if thats normal or not
    Perfectly normal as the solenoid valve doesnt activate until the pump is turned off. It is there to relieve pressure on the system once brewing is finished - ie. once pump is turned off - so as to avoid the portafilter sneeze [ http://www.coffeegeek.com/opinions/markprince/07-20-2004#15 ] and coffee oils backing up to the to the boiler etc.

Martial