Thread: Out of the lurkingdoom

Out of the lurkingdoom

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all,

After going through one coffee machine every year I decided to up-grade to Silvia.

Little Missy will be arrived tomorrow, yay!!

Sof

Re: Out of the lurkingdoom

Welcome Sofia
    Silvia has won the heart of many CS ers and is a great machine
    Dont forget to match it up with a good grinder

Happy " coffee times ahead" Sofia

KK

Congrats on purchasing Silvia Sofia, you will get a lot of pleasure out of her once you sort out all the variables in making a good espresso.
    As KK said, get a good grinder, it is essential with Silvia.
    There is a wealth in info on Silvia in CS so you wont be lost for help and useful hints.
    Good luck with your new purchase
    gm

Enjoy her Sofia! She is serving me well ...

Fab! Welcome to the Silvia fan club. I am sure she will last more than 12months...or will she given the endemic nature of upgraditis within the CS community!!

Thank you for the warm welcome guys!!

TNT buzzing my door at 8 AM this morning! Talk about fast service as I just ring my order through Jetblack Espresso yesterday around noon! We try to get to know each other - me and this little miss but she still refuse to give me her best shot. Dunno whether its the grinder or my coffee brewing skills - the lack of it! -

My current plan is to stick with my grinder for a bit but will see what happen after Sunday at the Show, I had a laugh..

Site Sponsor

Hi Sofia,

If you come and see us at Aroma Festival on Sunday, we can give you a demo of our grinder range - Rancilio Rocky, Mini Mazzer, KS - We will be happy to talk to you and try to figure out whats going wrong with your shots!!!

I look forward to meeting you on Sunday - we are upstairs on the left of the overseas passenger terminal.

Debbie

Really Sofia, you NEED a good grinder. Silvia needs this. You need this. You need a good grinder...

I had a different, cheaper grinder prior to getting my rocky. It has made a host of difference in getting that perfect grind.

Debbie, you going to do a good deal for Sofia??

- The espresso machine is an accessory to the grinder.
    - A mediocre espresso machine can make drinkable espresso when matched with a quality grinder.
    - A pro machine will make bitter, nasty espresso is you use a cheap grinder that makes to much dust or too wide range of particle sizes.

Most any Mazzer is an excellent choice (Mini-E, Super Jolly, Mini). The Rocky is a good entry point grinder. There are quality hand grinders available, but that can get old quick for many folks.

It is difficult to convince new home baristas that it makes that much of a difference, but it does.