Thread: Imat Junior Mk1

Imat Junior Mk1

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Gday folks,

Ive just literally picked up *an Imat Junior from the local tip shop, *and *it seems to work too, now that *Ive pulled it apart and cleaned it out (the problem was actually a blocked shower screen).

I could really use a wiring schematic because the wiring that is there doesnt make sense. The Hot Water Switch and the Brew Switch seem to do the same thing i.e. turn on the pump.

I found the schematic for the Mokita Quaha - thanks Mal :) *but my machine doesnt have a three way valve or the solid state relay. *A link to a user manual would be handy too.

Cheers.

Re: Imat Junior Mk1

Quote Originally Posted by 3rg0sum link=1227013173/0#0 date=1227013173
    The Hot Water Switch and the Brew Switch seem to do the same thing i.e. turn on the pump.
    Cheers.
    That sounds right, both of these functions need the pump to provide pressure.
    Somehow/somewhere, there must be a valve/solenoid that directs the flow through either the group or steam/water outlet.
    Or, perhaps this is simply controlled by whether the steam valve is open or not.

Do you get water through the group when the brew switch is on?

The steam pressure is *produced inside boiler and does not require the use of the pump.

But be aware that the *pumping process [water and/or brew] will fill up your boiler, however steaming will depleate it.
    Therefore after steaming, you need to refill the boiler by running the pump....most of us pull a blank shot [empty PF] *following steaming as it fills the boiler, cleans the path and brings the group temp back down. *

Hey reubster,

Somehow/somewhere, there must be a valve/solenoid that directs the flow through either the group or steam/water outlet. *
    Or, perhaps this is simply controlled by whether the steam valve is open or not.

Do you get water through the group when the brew switch is on?

The steam pressure is *produced inside boiler and does not require the use of the pump.

But be aware that the *pumping process [water and/or brew] will fill up your boiler, however steaming will depleate it. *
    Therefore after steaming, you need to refill the boiler by running the pump....most of us pull a blank shot [empty PF] *following steaming as it fills the boiler, cleans the path and brings the group temp back down. *
    There is no solenoid and no pipe going to the centre of the group (as with the Mokita) and the flow is controlled by the steam valve

I get water through the group with either the hot water switch or brew switch (or both).

The heating element comes on with the main switch, which I assume is right, after all if you turn the machine on youd want hot water... but this makes the hot water switch redundant. *The machine works fine, Id just like to see a schematic just to see what Im missing *;D

BTW thanks for the tip, Im a bit of a newb when it comes to Espresso, so any helpful info is welcome.

Gday 3rg0sum,

Welcome to CoffeeSnobs..... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

You can probably still use that Schematic for your machine mate, just ignore the 3-Way Valve and any PID Controller paraphernalia. Sounds like your machine is the model before the one I had. All the best, :)

Mal.