Thread: EM6910 and use of Cafetto backwash cleaner

EM6910 and use of Cafetto backwash cleaner

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Just checking. I was given some Cafetto cleaner. I normally do a daily backwash but without any cleaner. I am not sure of what the Sunbeam cleaner is, but does anyone know of a reason why Cafetto should not be used? I would assume it does a similar job.

Re: EM6910 and use of Cafetto backwash cleaner

I tried using caffeto once on my sunbeam before i gave it to a friend, it didnt work, I dont know why, it just stayed on the plastice blind thing and was all sludgy, The tablets sunbeam sell worked well.

Ive only ever used Cafetto with my EM6910 and havent had any problems, but you do need to use a different technique. Make sure the Cafetto is piled over the hole in the blind disc and that the machine has warmed up properly, then hit the manual button to fill the pf without the pressure gauge rising. Allow the Cafetto to dissolve for 30 seconds or so, then manually backflush a couple of times. If you have soapy water in the drip tray, the Cafetto is doing its job. If theres any undissolved Cafetto left in the PF, I dissolve it in a jug with boiling water to soak portafilters, baskets, shower screens etc. Finish with a few clean water flushes to get rid of the residue.

thanks for the responses. Roastalot, when you say the blind disk, do you mean the porta filter for pre-ground coffee? I was thinking I would just use the rubber insert in the dual std filter.

Ive been using the cafetto as well and have had no problems i use the backflush cycle as per the instructions and have had a clean machine without any hassle. ;D

By blind disk I mean the rubber insert. I guess technically its not, because of the hole - more like a legally blind disk perhaps...

Im reluctant to use the cleaning cycle because on my first machine, either the solenoid valve or a tube leading to/from it failed after the cleaning cycle took the pressure gauge into the red zone. After that, every time the valve engaged water would drip from inside the machine. After repairing it three times Sunbeam replaced the machine under warranty, which has subsequently expired - so Ive been handling this one with kid gloves!

M@, I used the Cafetto and it seemed to go well. That said, I had to do heaps of rinsing backwashes to clear it out. Then I did just one full filter to "reseason" the head. I must say, doing this end bit seemed a little counter intuitive to me - I mean, I just cleaned it!