Thread: EM6910 collar worn

EM6910 collar worn

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    On Saturday Itook the 6910 to the new Sunbeam Repair Agent in Kingsgove.
    He was going to send it to Ashfield for me to repair the worn collar.
    I rang Ashfield this morning to find out when I might expect it back.

He told me it was already fixed. :o :o :o :o

Seems like Sunbeam didnt organise a courier and my guy took it there himself.
    I rang him and asked when I could expect it back at kingsgrove to pick up and he toild me he was going to go to Ashfield himself to pick it up but not until some time next week.
    He has done all this for nothing.

To save him the bother Im going to go past Ashfield myself in the morning.

Thats very fast repair by Ashfield and excellent service from the Kingsgrove dude.

Re: EM6910 collar worn

So if I understand correctly, the new sunbeam repair agent at kingsgrove doesnt actually do repairs on a common problem.

Yep, thats excellent service...I had a laugh.

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis link=1227154801/0#1 date=1227166533
    So if I understand correctly, the new sunbeam repair agent at kingsgrove doesnt actually do repairs on a common problem.

Yep, thats excellent service...I had a laugh.
    While not ideal it still says something for the actual service delivery..

They could have just pretended to say one thing and then provide the fixed unit... However they have been open and honest and the JOB was still done...

1: An issue that the service agent is not doing some repairs ?

A: Maybe they did not have the part or completed training.

B: Maybe they are a smaller agent for the Main service centre ?

Either way the job was done and it appears to have been done will little fuss and or stress for the owner...

Google ETDBW and read chapter two...

Quote Originally Posted by AngerManagement link=1227154801/0#2 date=1227171625

They could have just pretended to say one thing and then provide the fixed unit... *However they have been open and honest and the JOB was still done...
    I commend them for their honesty. *Why should I expect anything else?

Would be nice if Sunbeam supplied them with stock for common probs. *As for the possibility of not completing training - then probably not ready to open for business.

My phone is switched on all the time. *Customers can visit at the roastery, at my home, on the net, and I make personal deliveries when a courier isnt appropriate. *Im heading over to see a customer this evening who is having trouble dosing right with a new machine (no charge). *Then Im going to the roastery so that a customer has their coffee for the weekend. *Coffee is often despatched before I receive payment. *What do you think I, or my customers, might gain from reading chapter two?

A_M

Quote Originally Posted by cuppacoffee link=1227154801/0#3 date=1227173604

They could have just pretended to say one thing and then provide the fixed unit... *However they have been open and honest and the JOB was still done...
    I commend them for their honesty. *Why should I expect anything else?

Would be nice if Sunbeam supplied them with stock for common probs. *As for the possibility of not completing training - then probably not ready to open for business.

My phone is switched on all the time. *Customers can visit at the roastery, at my home, on the net, and I make personal deliveries when a courier isnt appropriate. *Im heading over to see a customer this evening who is having trouble dosing right with a new machine (no charge). *Then Im going to the roastery so that a customer has their coffee for the weekend. *Coffee is often despatched before I receive payment. *What do you think I, or my customers, might gain from reading chapter two?
    Was not meant to offend... I am also 24/7/365.5

However I am also well aware that even when some provides the best service possible, the client may still complain.

Thus for me if some one is going out of their way to provide a value added service, then I will comment / provide positive feedback... Every one needs encouragement.

Not offended - just a different perspective I guess.

And I agree, ppl do better with encouragement.

Cheers!

Just so you guys know.....
    despite the long list of service agents that comes with the EM6910, only a handful of them actually service the 6910.
    AM guessed correctly, Sunbeam has only trained a few.
    Sunbeam will tell you this.
    IIRC there are only 2 or 3 anywhere within cooee of me, and the closest to home is Ashfield but he doesnt open on Satudays and his hours are 8:30 - 4:30 M-F.
    Im at work by 8:00 and finish at 5:00 so hes not convenient.

Because the new guy at Kingsgrove opens all day Saturday I asked Sunbeam if I could drop it off there.
    Last time I wanted to service it they offered to send me a courier but it would have taken a few days to arrange so I sent it with my own courier.
    Sunbeam couriered it back when the repair was complete.

This time I figured the agents could courier it between each other and I could again pick it up on a Saturday.

As it turns out, probably because its not normally done as Id suggested, I think the Kingsgove guy drove the machine to Ashfield. I suspect this because he told me he was going to go get it (but couldnt until sometime next week).
    Hence Im impresed by the trouble went to and intended to go to, for no financial reward.

So it was good service by Kingsgrove and considering the track record of Sunbeam repairs, a very fast repair by Ashfield.

The point of my post was to give a pat on the back to Kingsgrove. He also sells many different appliances, from toasters to plasma screens. Next time I need a toaster Ill be checking his prices first.

I was surprised by the speed of the repair considering previously recorded reports so I wanted to add this one into the mix to show they dont always take weeks.

A_M

TG I would be going there too.

The local agent for me is under the gun with all sorts of repairs...

My Collar lost some of its chrome the unit is 6 mths old, but in other wise GREAT condition...

Local agent advised me that it would be some weeks as SB had a few on back order. I did not have to even go back or follow up... A week ago, I got a TXT... Parts have arrived.

I dropped my unit in... I will have to wait a bit... Thats OK, there were others who had their items in before me.

Like on previous occasions (other items) I know I will get a txt, when it is ready. No hassle, I feel in the loop and when I need any small appliance repairs or parts... They have my business and when they can not provide; they usual provide names and number of others...

However this is their approach... SB and or other Suppliers can make or break them by not delivering. Thus they have no control but to date; it has been GREAT service ... all but a little slow (demand is the driver) at times.

Sparkies at Albion

^^ that repair agent deserve a DB (only kiwis will probably get that) - but loosely translated, perhaps a 6 pack might not go astray.....

Some of these guys are really under the pump - especially the ones that also service other popular brands such as Delonghi. There is just such a large volume of these machines in use.

I picked up the machine this morning and ended up having a 20 minute "quick chat".

"Under the pump" is right.
    This guy services Sunbeam and Breville for a start as well as all manner of appliances from blenders to toasters.

WhenI told him I was surprised by the quick repair time he told me he fixes all coffee machines in 3 - 4 days.
    His official opening times are 8:30 - 4:30 M-F but he frequently works back doing the repairs.
    Makes sense because people would be in and out all during the day.

He told me a few horror stories during that 20 miniutes; all about demanding customers.

Heres a mild one: A customer with a small juicer, the kind that are small and squat, smaller than a bowling ball, called and wanted him to come and pick it up for a repair as it was under warranty.