Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dimal

Thread: Domobar super elect

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3

    Domobar super elect

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all...very interesting info in here, i never thought i could find so much online I had a laugh

    Anyway... Im a member of a small office team of 10, and ive been assigned the task to find a coffee machine that would replace a SAECO domestic machine, wich broke down (surprise surprise!!)...we usualy go through 2.5 kilos of coffee a week, so Im looking for something comercial that would have enough preasure to do the milk as well as pour shots of coffee with rich crema.

    After going around and having a look at a few machines i have kind off concluded to a VIBIEMME DOMOBAR SUPER ELECTRIC...... I thought ill post here and see if i can get any feedback on that machine or any other suggestions

    thanx

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,176

    Re: Domobar super elect

    Be sure to get a decent grinder. At 2.5 Kg a week, Id go for a small commercial grinder as well.

    As for the machine, Im sure youll soon get plenty of advice. Any semi-commercial machine will work well. Im not sure of your budget, but things to consider are: direct plumbed unit or tank model, semi-auto or auto, semi-commercial or fully commercial.

    The plumbed option means that youll never have to fill a water tank or empty a drip tray. This is only an option if you have a place where plumbing it in is an option, such as a kitchen with a dishwasher.

    Semi-auto vs auto isnt too dramatic a decision. With an auto you can program the buttons to dispense a certain volume. So you can make your espresso and steam you milk at the same time. Also you can program one button to flush the group and another to brew the shot. Auto may be easier in a busy office, but theres more to break down. Semi-auto means you have to both turn on and turn off the shot. Not too hard, but an auto can make life that little bit easier, giving you a simple routine: push that button to flush, lock in the filter basket packed with coffee and push the other one to get your shot. Steam milk while you wait.

    Semi-commercial vs fully commercial pertains to quality of the parts. A full commercial machine will usually have a larger boiler and be a bit more robust and larger. Thay are also in the 3k plus price range. The semi-commercials are in the 2k price range and are generally smaller and cant be plumbed in.

    All that said, the Domobar Super Electric looks like a very nice machine. Id also make sure that the vendor includes good support for the machine. That cant be stressed too highly, especially for an office machine.

    My personal choice would be a La Cimbali Junior with matching grinder. That will set you back over 4k though. This is a commercial machine with a build quality that is amongst the best in the industry. There are pleny of other machines that can fit your bill though. The best bet would be to find a trustworthy vendor first. The machine itself isnt going to matter as much as having someone reliable to turn to when things go wrong.

    Cheers,

    Mark.

  3. #3
    Senior Member chopinhauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    101

    Re: Domobar super elect

    Personally I would contact one of our sponsors (Fresh Coffe or Toomuchcoffee) and see what sort of deal they can do for you for a semi-commercial grinder and machine combinatio. Youll probably get quite a discount.

    The domobar super is similar in specs to many machines and no better nor worse than them. It all depends then, as Sparky points out, on the after sales support on whatever machine you go with. And our sponsors are well known for.

    As for commercial machines, a while back I noticed a new Rancilio epocha could be had for around 2K from Maccopan (the rancilio distributor). They are better machines than the semi-commercials, but bigger. If you have the space, as one often does in an office, Id consider it, or the more expensive La Cimbali Junior. Not much can go wrong with them. They last years and deliver great coffee.

    have fun looking.

    Chopinhauer

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3

    Re: Domobar super elect

    well i guess i should point out a couple of things....im considering this machine as it doesnt need any plumbing cause the location doesnt allow for that....and the automatic is more for the machine to be used by all in the office ...they have requested that!!!

    ive been quted a price of $2,650.00 for that withought a grinder...not sure if that is a goo price or not but that would b the price range im looking for .

    The La Cimbali Junior has been considered but one set back is that the automatic is at about $600.00 more expensive !!!! (there is my grinder)

    i havnt made a final decission as we and all feedback is appreciated

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,176

    Re: Domobar super elect


    For a non-plumbed auto, maybe the Bezzera BZ02de is worth a look. Barazi is a site sponsor and have been very good to me in the past. The BZ02 uses very high quality components (including the commercial rated fluid-o-tech vibe pump) and is simpler to operate, meaning the flush routine is simpler as it simultaneously cools the heat exchanger and heats the group, whereas, the E61 type machines require a slightly more sophisticated approach, usually involving flushing more water. Also there is less chance of burning your hands on a hot BZ group as it is covered, not exposed like the E61. These machine retail for much less than the Domobar Super E price that you quoted above. You could put the extra cash into a top end commercial grinder like a Mazzer Super Jolly or Cimbali Junior.

    Cheers,

    Mark.

  6. #6
    .
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,312

    Re: Domobar super elect

    LCoffeeM,

    please check your PM,s.

    Regardz,
    FC.

  7. #7
    TC
    TC is offline
    .
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,665

    Re: Domobar super elect

    The LaSpaziale S1 Rossini is also a very viable option in this situation....and theyre in stock ;)

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3

    Re: Domobar super elect

    Fresh_Coffee(Diadema Junior) and 2muchcoffeeman(LaSpaziale S1 Rossini) ...can you send me some kind of brochure or a link where i can have a look at the machines???

    And what kind of support/maintenace/warranty do u provide with these machines....my aim is always to keep it as less costly as possible and that goes for after the initial purchase as well.

    By the way i am located in melbourne...do u have a servicing department in Melbourne, how easy is it to get the machine?

  9. #9
    .
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2,312

    Re: Domobar super elect

    Good morning LCoffeeM,

    all good questions!

    Its good you are in Melbourne. Our Diadema Junior / Unico Splendor machines are very well supported there by 2muchcoffeeman, although there will be little expected to go wrong due to very good reliablility, and anything that might go awry over time is usually a simple matter. *Mr. 2muchcoffee spent some time in the workshop here with us dismantling, *seeing how they tick, and putting them back together.

    Availability / Delivery is as soon as payment is received, *the stock is good...although as you have stated you are interested in the Electronic/Volumetric model, we would have to despatch from here (Canberra) to 2muchcoffeeman as he doesnt have any of that model at present. He still has stock of the Semi Auto and Splendor however so if you wish to view & see what these machines offer you could make a date with him and if you like, an electronic model can subsequently be sent down.

    Many thanks for your interest.

    Regardz,
    FC.

  10. #10
    TC
    TC is offline
    .
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    14,665

    Re: Domobar super elect

    Looking forward to meeting you for a demonstration of the machines! 8-)

    Chris

  11. #11
    ev
    ev is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    156

    Re: Domobar super elect

    Quote Originally Posted by LCoffeeM link=1144822939/0#0 date=1144822939
    Hi all...very interesting info in here, i never thought i could find so much online I had a laugh

    Anyway... Im a member of a small office team of 10, and ive been assigned the task to find a coffee machine that would replace a SAECO domestic machine, wich broke down (surprise surprise!!)...we usualy go through 2.5 kilos of coffee a week, so Im looking for something comercial that would have enough preasure to do the milk as well as pour shots of coffee with rich crema.

    After going around and having a look at a few machines i have kind off concluded to a VIBIEMME DOMOBAR SUPER ELECTRIC...... I thought ill post here and see if i can get any feedback on that machine or any other suggestions

    thanx
    I have the Domobar Super (Lever) and cant recommend it highly enough. My only advice is dont bother with the electronic. The lever model is easy to use and the extra $600 can get you a nice grinder.

    Just my 2 cents.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    122

    Re: Domobar super elect

    I was in at Cravelli to have a look at the Domobar Super (the $600+ less manual version). *Worst part of the visit was the guy leaving with one without any apparent knowledge of how to work a coffee machine.

    It is a very nice machine, but at 51cm (approx) deep wont fit on my bar. You may want to measure your working space.*Its certainly the machine Id seriously consider if I wasnt looking more seriously at the Brewtus/Minore II. *Coffee geek did a good first look review on this machine that is worth checking out.


  13. #13
    ev
    ev is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    156

    Re: Domobar super elect

    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewG link=1144822939/0#11 date=1145951581
    I was in at Cravelli to have a look at the Domobar Super (the $600+ less manual version). *Worst part of the visit was the guy leaving with one without any apparent knowledge of how to work a coffee machine.

    It is a very nice machine, but at 51cm (approx) deep wont fit on my bar. *You may want to measure your working space.*Its certainly the machine Id seriously consider if I wasnt looking more seriously at the Brewtus/Minore II. *Coffee geek did a good first look review on this machine that is worth checking out.
    Its a bit hard to go past the Brewtus. Unfortunately Expobar hadnt released it when I bought the VBM. No regrets though. Have a talk to Alex at "the coffee company" in Balaclava. Hell give you a great deal on the Expobar.

  14. #14
    Mal Dimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Warwick, QLD
    Posts
    16,771

    Re: Domobar super elect

    Quote Originally Posted by Evan link=1144822939/0#12 date=1145959378
    Its a bit hard to go past the Brewtus. Unfortunately Expobar hadnt released it when I bought the VBM. No regrets though. Have a talk to Alex at "the coffee company" in Balaclava. Hell give you a great deal on the Expobar.
    Hi,

    Why not front one or all of our site sponsors? Im sure youll get exactly what youre looking for from one of them [smiley=thumbsup.gif],

    Mal.

  15. #15
    ev
    ev is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    156

    Re: Domobar super elect

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal link=1144822939/0#13 date=1145974834
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan link=1144822939/0#12 date=1145959378
    Its a bit hard to go past the Brewtus. Unfortunately Expobar hadnt released it when I bought the VBM. No regrets though. Have a talk to Alex at "the coffee company" in Balaclava. Hell give you a great deal on the Expobar.
    Hi,

    Why not front one or all of our site sponsors? Im sure youll get exactly what youre looking for from one of them [smiley=thumbsup.gif],

    Mal.
    My apologies. I was simply passing on info from my own experiences. I hope I didnt offend any of the sponsors. :-[

  16. #16
    Mal Dimal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Warwick, QLD
    Posts
    16,771

    Re: Domobar super elect

    Behmor Brazen - $249 - Free Freight
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan link=1144822939/0#14 date=1146005230
    My apologies. I was simply passing on info from my own experiences. I hope I didnt offend any of the sponsors. :-[
    Apologies not needed Evan,

    Just thought Id point out that our site sponsors should be given the benefit of first "port of call", as it were, since they do a hell of a lot to support our great community, both in terms of financial support and their very valuable time (theyre all active business operators)......

    Cheers,
    Mal.
    GreenBeanGenii likes this.



Similar Threads

  1. Domobar Super OPV
    By fg1972 in forum Brewing Equipment - Pointy End ($1500-$3000)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19th January 2012, 06:35 AM
  2. !!!SOLD!!! FS: VBM Domobar Super SS
    By Gavin1 in forum SOLD
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24th June 2009, 07:24 PM
  3. VBM Domobar Super - Need Pressurestat
    By ev in forum Brewing Equipment - Pointy End ($1500-$3000)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 9th February 2009, 11:32 PM
  4. Considering purchasing a VBM DOMOBAR SUPER
    By warmtone in forum Brewing Equipment - Pointy End ($1500-$3000)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 25th May 2008, 04:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •