Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By TRRR
  • 1 Post By TRRR
  • 1 Post By Robbks

Thread: PTFE/ Teflon Push Fit Connectors

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    274

    PTFE/ Teflon Push Fit Connectors

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Anyone experienced issues with these style of fitting leaking when the machine is cold.

    It seems they (the green ones on both boilers) are the cause of the rusted screws/ bolts and pump-bracket in my Lelit PL60




  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    58
    They appear to be under a bit of strain looking at the angle of the pipe coming in. Try straightening the pipe coming in with a cable tie. These connectors seal around the outside of the tube so if there is any bending they wont have a tight fit all the way around. Another thing to try would be to disconnect the tube and cut off around 1cm of the end of the tube with a razor blade on a flat surface to get a clean cut, then reconnect and strain relieve. This may renew the seal to a fresh piece of tube.
    Dimal likes this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    7,049
    Looking at the pic, like TRRR my first observation was that the hoses are sitting at quite an angle to the fitting, are you sure the hose has been pushed all the way home?

    Have used this type of fitting a lot over the years without any problems.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    274
    Thanks guys

    Mine is the top pic.
    the bottom is just for illustration.

    but yes, I did notice the angles that they enter are a little off, and was my suspicion.
    I just wasn't sure if they had an internal o-ring or olive that needed to be replaced aswell

    I assume you just push and hold the green part inwards, then pull teh tube back to remove.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    58
    yes that right. disconnect and give a good clean to the tube and the inside of the green bit then reconnect pushing in all the way would be an easy first thing to try.
    Robbks likes this.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    274
    Can't press the one tucked under the bottom of the steam boiler hard enough to get it out, plus it's all covered in corrosion/ scale.
    Need to get violent with it and a good set of pliers I think, but i suspect I'll need a new connector.

    re-seated the top one and it's alright if held in one specific place with a cable-tie.
    are there alternatives to the plastic ends??
    the "other " end of each tube has a much more positive fitting metal connection.
    even the red one pictured above leaks if you move it away from it's current position

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    274
    Righto,
    update.

    Got a message from Mike at Jetblack Espresso last night (out of business hours) that he'd seen the post.
    gave me some good news that they have some upgraded parts from Lelit for the two troublesome connectors.
    So I gave him a buzz today, confirmed the parts required and some extra handy hints to go along with it.

    Ordered all the bits via their website and should see them tomorrow hopefully if Australia Post are on the ball.

    Big kudos for their professional service and extra advice.
    Dimal likes this.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Yelta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Moonta SA.
    Posts
    7,049
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbks View Post
    Righto,
    update.

    Got a message from Mike at Jetblack Espresso last night (out of business hours) that he'd seen the post.
    gave me some good news that they have some upgraded parts from Lelit for the two troublesome connectors.
    So I gave him a buzz today, confirmed the parts required and some extra handy hints to go along with it.

    Ordered all the bits via their website and should see them tomorrow hopefully if Australia Post are on the ball.

    Big kudos for their professional service and extra advice.
    Good outcome, lets know how the repair turns out.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    274
    While it's been half pulled apart I've taken the time to add some extra pieces of foam around the lower pump and sound deadener (Jaycar's version of Dynamat) onto each of the case panels/ sections and it's amazing how quiet the machine is.
    IT was always far quieter than the EM6910.
    I think the loudest part of the process is the solid "click" from the control switches.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    274
    Parts have all arrived today.
    Picked up some Loctite 567 to seal the threads.

    now to refit the connections and new hose.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    274
    Behmor Brazen - $249 - Free Freight
    Conversion has gone well.
    all joints and tube replaced. so far, no more leaks.

    finished all the sound-deadening too,
    including reservoir flap, reservoir base-plate, etc







Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •