Thread: Quality coffee machine

Quality coffee machine

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    My Faema family coffee machine has finally died (16 years RIP) and it is time to buy a new one. I have a budget of around $ 2000, I firstly need a machine to do mainly Espressos for me and the odd cappuccino for my wife & a quality grinder. So far Im looking at an Isomac Zaffiro and a Rocky grinder, if there something else I should be considering in my budget or just above please let me know.

TC

Re: Quality coffee machine

Quote Originally Posted by mac wa link=1228376135/0#0 date=1228376135
    My Faema family coffee machine has finally died (16 years RIP) and it is time to buy a new one. I have a budget of around $ 2000, I firstly need a machine to do mainly Espressos for me and the odd cappuccino for my wife & a quality grinder. So far Im looking at an Isomac Zaffiro and a Rocky grinder, if there something else I should be considering in my budget or just above please let me know.
    Hi macwa,

Have a look at the VBM Domobar Vashetta (Piccolo) as well as the Diadema Perfetta in this group. The build quality and specification of the Diadema Perfetta is unmatched by either of the others- but its a touch more expensive.

We have the VBM and the Perfetta. Ofra and Renzo of DiBartoli sell the Isomac.

Id suggest a better grinder. Look for Compak or better.

Chris

Site Sponsor

Mac Wa;

Tell you the true, for your budget that will be the best, unless you want to spend a bit more and get Compack grinder.

If you mainly drink espressos and the odd cappuccino this is the machine to have, you could go for the Domobar as well.

Regards

Renzo

gidday,

if you are not after a new machine but are after a classic, i have a 40 year old piston lever single group rancilio in excellent shape that i am willing to part with (only because my wife wants to keep our volumetric). i can supply a detailed description. i am not asking much for it either.
    you will not be dissapointed.

regards

mark

Hi Mark

Im sure we would all like a pic of it.
    And now I think Ill just go and try that Ugandan Busamaga in my 1973 LaPavoni Europiccola .... back in 10 mins :-)

Mike