Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Quickmill Andreja Premium - does anyone have experience

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11

    Quickmill Andreja Premium - does anyone have experience

    Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    I am researching a number of HX machines and came across the Quickmill Andreja Premium imported by Caffe Italia. They appear to be a great performer as well as being very well built machine made from high quality s/s #304 ( does anyone know if Isomac, Diadema, Giotto, VBM are made from #304 or lesser grade s/s?). I have found a few o/s reviews that rate the Quickmill highly but cant find anything on them in Australia. Does anyone own one or know about them. As far as I can find out, Caffe Italia are the only sellers of the Quickmill and I am unsure of their aftersales serviceabilty which may be a problem in the event of a breakdown.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,339

    Re: Quickmill Andreja Premium - does anyone have experience

    Quote Originally Posted by 2C222B2F2D262C373A262B2C2B2F2D264E0 link=1241780678/0#0 date=1241780678
    Quickmill Andreja Premium *
    They are a nice machine (my personal opinion) and build and performance wise, similar (but not the same) as the GPP and Domobar. *Theyre not big sellers here though I understand they are quite popular in the UK. *One of my customers has one and its been in for repair (pressure stat) and general service.

    Over time, they can run a bit hot and dont have the thermostability of the GPP and reportedly have the same sticky anti-vac valve as per many HX, previous model, machines.

    Am unsure as to the grade of stainless on the machines you mentioned though expect they too are 304. The frame on the GPP is not stainless, but powder coated, and its shinier than most HX machines as the stainless is nickel plated. ;)

    If you like the look, and the price is right, and most importantly, the seller sets it up correctly and doesnt just give it to you as they received it, then go for it.



  3. #3
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Quickmill Andreja Premium - does anyone have experience

    Quote Originally Posted by 6D636A6E6C676D767B676A6D6A6E6C670F0 link=1241780678/0#0 date=1241780678
    I am researching a number of HX machines and came across the Quickmill Andreja Premium imported by Caffe Italia. They appear to be a great performer as well as being very well built machine made from high quality s/s #304 ( does anyone know if Isomac, Diadema, Giotto, VBM are made from #304 or lesser grade s/s?). I have found a few o/s reviews that rate the Quickmill highly but cant find anything on them in Australia. Does anyone own one or know about them. As far as I can find out, Caffe Italia are the only sellers of the Quickmill and I am unsure of their aftersales serviceabilty which may be a problem in the event of a breakdown.
    Try post http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1234315505

    Any particular reason to be so focused on the grade of SS ? I mean 316 is much better for corrosion resistance than 304

    Besides, good cleaning and maintenance is minor to have a better quality machine..

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    323

    Re: Quickmill Andreja Premium - does anyone have experience

    Hi BttB,
    Have you come across this site yet?

    http://www.chriscoffee.com/products/...andrejapremium

    I belive they had a heavy hand in the design of the Premium

    Epic76

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11

    Re: Quickmill Andreja Premium - does anyone have experience

    Quote Originally Posted by 4C636A687F406C636C6A68606863790D0 link=1241780678/2#2 date=1241785096
    Any particular reason to be sofocused on the grade of SS ?I mean 316 is much better for corrosion resistance than 304
    I live near the beach and want a machine fairly bullet proof from rust. I know from experience living near the beach that if you dont have higher quality steel materials it will rust (even inside the house).

  6. #6
    A_M
    A_M is offline
    Guest
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,381

    Re: Quickmill Andreja Premium - does anyone have experience

    Quote Originally Posted by 232D2420222923383529242324202229410 link=1241780678/4#4 date=1241787709
    Quote Originally Posted by 4C636A687F406C636C6A68606863790D0 link=1241780678/2#2 date=1241785096
    Any particular reason to be sofocused on the grade of SS ?I mean 316 is much better for corrosion resistance than 304 *
    I live near the beach and want a machine fairly bullet proof from rust. I know from experience living near the beach that if you dont have higher quality steel materials it will rust (even inside the house).
    Yea, well the 304 is a Second grade SS and 316 is the better grade suitable to marine and Food..

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    501

    Re: Quickmill Andreja Premium - does anyone have experience

    Hi Bleach,
    If corrosion is a big concern (and as an ex-beachdweller I get your point) then check this baby out....it has a stainless covers AND frame....

    I have been researching an Izzo Gruppo machine called an Alex Duetto Mk2. It is just about to be released on the world market (following after the original Alex Duetto).



    http://www.chriscoffee.com/products/home/espresso/izzoduetto

    and

    http://www.bellabarista.co.uk/pdf/IzzoAlexDuettocloserlookv5.pdf




    Cheers,
    Paolo


  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,946

    Re: Quickmill Andreja Premium - does anyone have experience

    Quote Originally Posted by 7A6C6969787A767F7F7C7C190 link=1241780678/1#1 date=1241784982
    ... dont have the thermostability of the GPP ...
    How do you know that?

    Cheers,

    Luca

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,339

    Re: Quickmill Andreja Premium - does anyone have experience

    Quote Originally Posted by 425B4D4F2E0 link=1241780678/7#7 date=1241923970
    Quote Originally Posted by 7A6C6969787A767F7F7C7C190 link=1241780678/1#1 date=1241784982
    ... dont have the thermostability of the GPP ...
    How do you know that?

    Cheers,

    Luca
    Because Ive witnessed the scace results on the GPP and also witnessed what happens when you run water out of the Andreja at various points on the time continuum when its been idle.

    If that satisfies your scepticism, great. If not, then believe whatever you want to. :P




Similar Threads

  1. Problem with Quick Mill Andreja Premium.
    By alrsv1 in forum Brewing Equipment - Pointy End ($1500-$3000)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11th March 2013, 08:18 PM
  2. QuickMill Andreja Overheating Problem! Help!
    By Hot_Shot in forum Brewing Equipment - Midrange ($500-$1500)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26th September 2012, 09:40 PM
  3. !!!SOLD!!! - Quick Mill Andreja
    By adjiland in forum SOLD
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 13th March 2012, 12:57 PM
  4. Quickmill Andreja Premium (Service centre in Sydney?)
    By dwhitfie in forum Brewing Equipment - Pointy End ($1500-$3000)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11th February 2009, 06:55 PM
  5. Andreja Premium by Quick Mill
    By krusty in forum Brewing Equipment (non-machine specific)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12th February 2006, 11:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •