Thread: Overwhelmed Noobie

Overwhelmed Noobie

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi All,

Have got a budget of up to approx 4K for a coffee machine and grinder. Have got a few years under my belt of experience with a few machines but im now looking to make a final purchase to compliment the kitchen renos.

To give you an idea, its not uncommon for me to need to produce 10 milk based coffees in a short period of time at home.

Ive had the LaCimbali M 21 or the Vibiemme Domobar Super. Recommended. I class myself as a n00bie when it comes to the wide range of products now available.

Just wondering if people can help choose for me which grinder and machine I should go for.

I noticed some machines recommended were over 10 years old and I was more looking for something modern/\/current but my logic might not be right in its thinking.

Any advice/\/guidance would be very much appreciated. Though I can talk to local retailers im hesitant to do so without a bit of product knowledge and a goal in mind.

- Jason

Re: Overwhelmed Noobie

Welcome RS

Talk to the site sponsors in the left hand column they will give you good advice and training to match if needed.
    I like the VBM Super, I have a coffee group once a week and can pump out as many flat whites etc as needed quickly (on my scale anyway).
    I had a Macap M4 before upgrading and it was a very good grinder IHO.
    Anyway PM the sponsors they will help you out.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thankyou very much for the quick reply.

Thats my issue, though im sure the sponsors are very helpful as you say I would feel much for confident that im not being product pushed if I have more of an idea of a product short list then approaching the sponsors in chasing up the finer details of price, servicing etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 397B2820383F2E2A2F324B0 link=1243215355/0#0 date=1243215355
    To give you an idea, its not uncommon for me to need to produce 10 milk based coffees in a short period of time at home.
    My coffee consumption is similar to yours

Quote Originally Posted by 397B2820383F2E2A2F324B0 link=1243215355/0#0 date=1243215355
    Have got a budget of up to approx 4K for a coffee machine and grinder. Have got a few years under my belt of experience with a few machines but im now looking to make a final purchase to compliment the kitchen renos
    I am very happy with my Bezzera Galatea from day one it has served me well with beautiful coffee
    It depends what you want in looks but
    The Galatea is Modern Retro design

I can vouch on its build quality from the welded one piece S/S panelling to its commercial quality components internally

Its built like a tank but looks cool

Just wondering if people can help choose for me which grinder and machine I should go for
    I have a Macap M4D but there are several great grinders from different makers in this segment e.g. Mazzer & Compak

You need to get out and test drive some of the better machines because you are the nut behind the wheel & need to be comfortable & live with your machine choice

Hope that helps

What part of the country do you live in??
    Some sponsors may offer an invitation to trial several machines

KK

Im from Mulgrave, Victoria (SE Suburbs).

Ive been meaning to pop into Talk Coffee but they are 30-40min away and its by appointment only which makes it very difficult to get too.

Quote Originally Posted by 3F7D2E263E39282C29344D0 link=1243215355/4#4 date=1243216923
    Im from Mulgrave, Victoria (SE Suburbs).

Ive been meaning to pop into Talk Coffee but they are 30-40min away and its by appointment only which makes it very difficult to get too.
    Just ring Chris from Talk Coffee he will work around your schedule
    He also sold me my grinder

KK

Welcome Jason.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

With that budget mate, I wouldnt allow yourself to become too focussed on any one or two machines. As mentioned above, Chris from Talk Coffee (a long time supporter and Sponsor of CoffeeSnobs by the way) will ensure that you are matched up with the best possible combination to suit your needs. Well worth contacting Chris and setting aside enough time to ensure you are given the best opportunity of grabbing a hands-on play with the machinery that ends up on your short-list.

All the best mate, and have fun.... ;D

Mal.

TC

Hi Jason and welcome to CS,

Worry not about the "by appointment". We will be open when you need us to be- after hours, weekend, early morning, whenever.

The whole idea of doing things this way is to ensure you get 100% attention, no interruptions and at least an hour to help you to choose the right machine for your needs.

Give me a buzz or drop me a line and we can arrange a time which works for you. You may even like to have a phone or Skype consult before you visit to assist you to make a shortlist...;)

Looking forward to the opportunity to meet you.

Chris