Thread: Diadema Junior Levetta

Diadema Junior Levetta

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi all, has anyone seen or heard of a Diadema Junior [s]replica[/s] Levetta that appears to look somewhere between the Plus and Electronica. It is made in Italy and has the same specs, 1.3l boiler, 3l tank etc etc etc. If so, what can you tell me about it as I have been offered one but want to know if it would have the same quality.
    Thanks in advance,
    Sooty

mod edit- topic altered to reflect the correct name of the Aust. spec machine

Re: Diadema Junior Levetta

Quote Originally Posted by 3B373E3E3D3D2B34373A580 link=1243946542/0#0 date=1243946542
    Hi all, has anyone seen or heard of a Diadema Junior replica that appears to look somewhere between the Plus and Electronica. It is made in Italy and has the same specs, 1.3l boiler, 3l tank etc etc etc. If so, what can you tell me about it as I have been offered one but want to know if it would have the same quality.
    Thanks in advance,
    Sooty
    Welcome Sooty.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Best bet would be to drop a PM or e-mail to Attilio of CosmoreX Coffee, listed over on the L/H side of the page under "Site Sponsors". Attilio is the importer of this range of machinery and other related hardware manufactured by the same parent company. All the best :)

Mal.

Diadema is made by BFC in Italy.

Are you sure its not just one of their machines rebadged as something else?

If not BFC, Id be checking the internals. *One of the advantages of Diadema is that it has commercial parts that are eay to find replacements for.

brett230873

In the US these machines are marketed as La Valentina. *You may find your model in this range. My Splendor has a BCF badge on the bottom right hand front panel. *Can you post a pic?

It looks identical to the Ala di Vittoria La Valentina Semi-Automatic and the specs read the same but on the identification badge it is made by a company called C.B.C. Royal First, at Scomigo di Conegliano.

I checked BFC Italian site and it is the Junior model. The headquarters for BFC is the same as CBC Royal First (same address and phone number barring last digit) so I presume it has been rebadged.
    Thanks for everyones help.

brett230873

I have had a great time with my BCF machine (Splendor) and am really impressed with the build quality (frame and components) and consistency of temperature. *My steam tip wasnt really suited to small amounts of milk so I ordered a replacement 10mm thread tip for about $15 that slows the flow. *Now the whole unit operates like a dream and is a significant step up from my beloved Silvia. *Good luck with the purchase.

Hello Sooty.

Lovely machines.

If you would like to hand ball me the Serial Number, I can check the Stolen Machines Register and make sure it has a clear title for you. *

Theres nothing worse than taking up an offer to by a machine from someone then finding our later it is stolen.

By the way we call them "Junior Levetta", & the up market PLUS model has a name plate on the drip tray that states "arte di vittoria", and another above the group that states "BFC Junior Plus". The compliance plate should state:
    Modello : Junior, &
    Type : 1 GV LV

The serial number is down there as well:
    Matric: .......................

For everyones interest the La Valentina is the US model variant only in 110 volts. The US importer assigned *that name for his imports. Throughout the rest of the world they are known by their factory name usually BFC or Diadema Junior and as manufactured by either BFC or Royal.......ultimately the same company in the same building.

Regardz,
    Attilio
    very first CS site sponsor.

Quote Originally Posted by 3E2E3928286E6F6C646B6F5C0 link=1243946542/6#6 date=1244005902
    I have had a great time with my BCF machine (Splendor) and am really impressed with the build quality (frame and components) and consistency of temperature. *My steam tip wasnt really suited to small amounts of milk so I ordered a replacement 10mm thread tip for about $15 that slows the flow. *Now the whole unit operates like a dream and is a significant step up from my beloved Silvia. *Good luck with the purchase.
    Sorry to go OT, but which steam tip did you get. I tried blocking one hole with a toothpick and found this worked OK.

Quote Originally Posted by 79697E6F6F29282B232C281B0 link=1243946542/6#6 date=1244005902
    I have had a great time with my BCF machine (Splendor) and am really impressed with the build quality (frame and components) and consistency of temperature.My steam tip wasnt really suited to small amounts of milk so I ordered a replacement 10mm thread tip for about $15 that slows the flow.Now the whole unit operates like a dream and is a significant step up from my beloved Silvia.Good luck with the purchase
    I steam 200ml of milk at a time and have had no problems from my HX machine. It has 4 steam holes and has huge amounts of steam. The learning curve is steep but I wouldnt have thought it was the steam tip.

Justin