Thread: Unico Splendor Maxi, Diadema Junior Extra or Giotto?

Unico Splendor Maxi, Diadema Junior Extra or Giotto?

Gene Cafe Coffee Roaster $850 - Free Beans Free Freight
    Hi Everyone,
    I am considering purchasing one of the following.
    1 Unico Splendor Maxi
    2 Diadema Junior Extra
    3 Giotto Premium Plus

I have read numerous post *on 2 , 3 but little on 1.
    User comments on the pros and cons of owning the Unico Splendor Maxi would be appreciated. I know it is not being imported any more and I was wondering if any of its * components *are in currently being used in the Diadema *range of machines
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Unico Splendor Maxi, Diadema Junior Extra or Giotto?

option (1) is not a competitor to options (2) and (3).

in spite of the rrp still up around the place on a superceded model - the maxi is really the 2k range, the other 2, 2.5k range - bigger boilers, current models.

The parts inside the machines are reasonably ubiquitous - and should be pretty much identical to the diadema regal 1.3 - its just buying last years model - model changes are evolutionary not revolutionary, and principally around looks - bit like a car model facelift! ;D

I think most people would say the other 2 options are better than the first - but as said - they aint in the same portion of the market imo

TC

Hi Bienz and welcome to CS,

Your shortlist includes three very good machines.

My advice would be to buy current rather than superseeded.

The Splendor Maxi was superseeded by the*Diadema Regal in 2008. The Regal is beautifully built and in my opinion, a worthwhile upgrade over the Splendor. The Regal is available in 1.3 and 2.0L boiler configurations. Both are excellent machines and Id probably buy the 2.0L version if I was buying (but thats just me ::)).

Next in the list, the Diadema Junior Extra:
    This is essentially the same machine as the Regal, but adds a system pressure gauge. The gauge is not a dealbreaker as the machine is calibrated to 9 bar at the group anyway. We check this as part of our bench test.

Lastly, the Rocket Espresso Giotto Premium Plus:
    This machine is the highest selling machine in its class in Australia and is also a terrific machine. It adds a commercial pressurestat over the specification of the others and has a 1.8L boiler. Like the others, the design features of this machine are beautiful.

All will make great coffee. All have ball jointed, cool touch wands and all will produce a great cup. Ultimately you will be thrilled with whatever machine you choose. All have very happy CS owners.

I understand you have spoken with Dennis of Cuppacoffee (our Sydney agent) and arranged a demonstration. You are also welcome to make contact for a chat if I can assist in any way.

Regards

Chris

borat123

Hi, Ive been looking at these also. For the extra money, what do you get with the Regal over the maxi that makes it a worthwhile upgrade? (apart from not being a superceded model?)

thanks.

TC

Quote Originally Posted by 4F425F4C591C1F1E2D0 link=1244209492/3#3 date=1244528447
    Hi, *Ive been looking at these also. * For the extra money, what do you get with the Regal over the maxi that makes it a worthwhile upgrade? * (apart from not being a superceded model?)

thanks.
    Hi Borat...

You get absolutely nothing....other than far superior build quality, ball-jointed cool touch wands, external finish, contemporary componentry et al... In addition, current CS deals are superior in price. :P

Chris